Thursday, March 26, 2020

Review: Steve Mason vs. The Beast (Hunks Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Hunks Wrestling.

Well, the first quarter of 2020 is nearly over and I've now talked about three new-to-me wrestling companies. The established UK pro wrestling group Spotland Scrappers. The classic muscle stud factory BG Enterprise. And now, new-ish promotion Hunks Wrestling out of Spain.

Steve Mason vs. The Beast showed up in my gmail, I assume in hopes of a review. Well, it worked because I enjoyed this catchweight match and so I'm going to post on it.

Hunks Wrestling made the right call on how
to introduce themselves to me.

Steve Mason is a familiar name but I only now realized that it's a different guy. In addition to Hunks Wrestling, this Steve Mason has wrestled at UCW but I haven't seen those matches. This Steve is a feisty fighter, looking hot and determined in sweet little red trunks. He's a dark-haired hunk, lean and surprisingly strong, which is good because he's also dwarfed by his muscle beast opponent.

The Beast is a guy I've seen (and loved) at Wrestlingmale. He's huge and hairy with a sculpted body. With a thick beard and thick black hair, his name certainly suits him. He's positively beastly and brutish (in a great way) with 100% confidence that he can manhandle the smaller stud. His green and white underwear isn't his best gear but let's be honest, he's a guy who'd look good in (or out of) anything.

Steve's in for a big challenge.

The Beast is huge and ripped. Woof.

No, this is not the end of the match ...
just a really hot early pose.

Early on, I thought it was going to be a squash but it isn't. The Beast has the power edge but Steve's no quitter. He manages to flip things around and get up on the big man using speed, resilience and a time-honored tradition of a muscle-draining chokehold. While the big man successfully uses his power early on, he also falls victim to the smaller stud's speed and skill.

Steve surprises with some impressive offense.

The Beast tests his opponent's back
the way only a muscle beast can.

Steve knows how to bearhug, too.

Action-wise, it's mostly mat action. The Beast uses his power for lifts and crushing bearhugs that rock the lean stud. He executes a stunning and lengthy over-the-knee backbreaker. He counters a sleeper by slamming Steve into the wall. Meanwhile, Steve's flexible and quick, so he attacks the legs and works to use The Beast's size against him. It's believably done and keeps things interesting. I enjoyed seeing the Beast challenged and dominant so it's a good mix.

Applying a hold is one thing but
holding it is another thing entirely. 

The big man does a face plant. SPLAT!

The Beast softens Steve up before
bending him in a long OTK backbreaker.

In the end, this is a really sexy and exciting match. There's a lot of action and a good variety of moves and positions. I like how they balanced it out with The Beast dominating more but Steve still being a credible threat. A really nice introduction to Hunks Wrestling for me. Apparently the English option is new on their site but I'm sure it'll definitely be helpful for many.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Love that match! Is really great for people who loves big vs small as me. I know the Spaniard Steve Mason did also some videos for Spotland Scrappers (Jon Bilbao there), it was a surprise to see him in other websites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn’t know he did Spotland matches. Thanks for the heads up.

      Delete