Monday, July 27, 2020

Review: Brendan Byers vs. Gabe Steel (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Muscleboy Wrestling has their new catalog out. Six new videos, of which they sent me four to check out. You'll notice no disclosure at the top, because instead of talking about any of those, I'm talking about one they didn't send me. I appreciate the gesture but when I looked at catalogue 21, it was Brendan Byers vs. Gabe Steel that intrigued me the most and it's the one I had to watch.

This is a match i needed to see!


Fresh off two videos I loved, including a frontrunner for match of year in Brendan Byers vs. Bull Barrett, I couldn't wait to see these two lock up. Brendan Byers' has been facing off against the toughest of the tough at multiple places since his return. He's certainly not taking a break by facing Gabe Steel, a big, solid beefcake who deservedly wins most of the time. Gotta love this matchup.

Recently, Cash Wheeler (aka Dash Wilder, aka Steven Walters) replied when an interviewer mentioned the great chemistry FTR had with all these different teams that it wasn't about chemistry, they were just that good. I can see his point. At some point, do you coincidentally have chemistry with everyone or are you just great at your job? So, maybe these guys have chemistry, maybe they're both just really good, or maybe it's both. It sure seems like they're having fun.

Yeah, rub that body before you break it.

Yeah, these two love dominating each other.

Brendan's not too big to tear drop.

Both guys are looking hot. Gabe is decked out in white with purple hair (which earns a jab from Brendan for "screaming jobber" and a retort from Gabe the he likes to make a statement). Tall Brendan's definitely making a statement, looking hot in red shiny trunks and sporting some fur. They get pumped and sweaty as they wrestle, both having to move a lot of man around.

Right from the start, these two are getting in each other's faces. They know who each other is and there's respect, even in the trash talk. The wrestling starts quickly. Of this is back-and-forth with great selling from both. I really didn't know who would win and it was tough not to spoil myself by scrolling to the end first. Instead, I let the action play out, just enjoying the story.

It's two-fisted torture for the beefy hunk.

Gabe: "Yeah, I think you like that."

The big boys aren't afraid to get nasty.

Action-wise, this is big boys doing big boy things. They both get to show off their power and their skill. They mirror some of the same holds in an "anything-you-do" type contest. Look for racks, slams and suplexes from both. There's pounding body work and crushing scissors. On the nastier side, the guys exchange low blows, wedgies and spanking. Like Bull, Gabe comments that Brendan likes being on the receiving end of the humiliation.

However, they both have their strengths and style and you see that on display. It feels really rough and hard-hitting (the moaning helps sell that). At one point (after an odd cut, but also after receiving sustained punishment and barely escaping defeat), Byers is so exhausted that he just falls forward, face-first to mat. SPLAT! Around the 29-minute mark, one sweaty hunk wins definitively with a ten-count pin and some sexy domination and flexing.

Gabe loves being in control of the furry stud.

All the beef in the world can't
protect Gabe from a big DDT.

Brendan's bigger but he remembers how to scream.

In the end, I was excited to see this one and it delivered. These two guys did a great job working together, whether it's because of their chemistry or their talent or both. While MBW is stretching the definition of "muscle boy" with all the musclemen on their roster, I wholeheartedly approve! These big boy battles need to keep coming because they're consistently winners.

So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex



4 comments:

  1. Love it! Definitely can't wait to wrestle Gabe. I think we'd have a really hot match

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that’d be fun. Gabe looks like he’s a hoot to wrestle and he’s a really good heel.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for another great review. I love reading your thoughts on my matches. Gabe is a great was a great worthy opponent. I’m sure we will meet again 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love your matches, so I'm happy to share my thoughts. :)

      Delete