Saturday, January 7, 2023

Heroes: Sentinel (Chapter 4/16)



Chapter 4: Meditation

Location: Sentinel Station. High Orbit Over New City USA.


Adrian is gone for two weeks, back home with his adoptive parents. I’m glad he’s taking an extended visit. After spending months up here, I'm sure they miss him a lot. It also means that I’m alone in my orbiting home again. Even though I spent almost 15 years living alone in this place, it feels empty now. I’ve gotten used to our routine and having Adrian and Intrepid around. The three of us talk, train, and work out together almost every day.

It's okay. I’ll be fine.

I float to the kitchen in an open gold robe, dark red tights, and gold sneakers. I idly rub my bare chest as I decide what to do next. I'd like to call Bear, but I know he's off with Kid Cub chasing down The Demolisher and Demolition Boy. One last fight before his sidekick joins the Young Crusaders.

Work out. That's what I should do. Burn off some of my energy. I grab some energized water then leisurely fly through the station. When I enter the gym, I’m surprised to see Intrepid. He’s wearing black briefs, sitting in the lotus position in front of the window, looking out into space. He doesn’t react to my entrance, leaving me to wonder how I didn’t know someone was here. I guess all this time spent giving the guys their privacy has dulled my senses. No, that’s not it. Even now in the same room, I can barely hear him breathe or his heartbeat.

I set my water jug down and move to the wall to set up my workout. Intrepid says, “You’re not going to workout in a robe, are you?”

“Oh, you’re awake. I thought you were deep in a trance or something.”

“I was. Then I wasn’t. I heard you.”

“Heard me? I was flying and didn’t say anything. I wasn't even breathing.”

“Your jug clinked on the ledge.”

“Impressive. Now, how did you know I was in a robe? Am I that predictable?”

“Yes, but it was actually the reflection in the window.”

“Ah. So, what brings you here? With Adrian gone, I figured you’d want to hang out with the young heroes at Young Crusaders HQ or wherever it is you go when you’re not here.”

Intrepid smoothly rolls out of his pose and onto his feet, bouncing twice as he faces me. He shakes out his arms and legs, “I had a choice of meditating in silence, staring into the vast abyss of space, or doing it surrounded by a bunch of adrenaline-junkie dudes fighting, screaming, and fucking.” He shrugs, “It wasn’t a tough decision.”

I smile, “And here I am, disturbing it by rudely clinking.” I take him in. Always so handsome and fit. I avert my eyes to see past him through the window. I float closer, “You know, I’ve never actually meditated.”

“Now that surprises me.”

“Really? I didn’t think you were ever surprised.”

A cocky smirk, “Occasionally.” Intrepid turns to stand beside me and we look out the window, “You don’t look like a man who’s stressed. You look almost as young as your son.”

“You are such a good detective. My aging slowed, starting around 18. It's practically stopped now. For the foreseeable future, it seems that I will look like I'm in my late 20's.”

“Lucky you. With all your solitude while living up here, you might have been in a meditative state constantly and just didn't know it. Prior to boy’s arrival, of course. And mine.” I feel his hand on my back. He casually slides his index finger up and down my spine, “Want to give it a try?”

I am curious. “Sure.”

“Robe off.” I shrug my shoulders and it slides right down my arms to the floor. Nelly sweeps it up. “Feet on the floor.” I lower myself. “Relax your body. This will be the hardest part for you with all these muscles.” I go loose. I feel his hands on my shoulders. Intrepid puts his foot behind my left knee. He presses and I drop down to my knees. “Good job. Minimal resistance.”

My butt rests on my heels. Intrepid begins massaging my shoulders. He tells me to slowly breathe in through my nose. Out through my mouth. I focus on that. Breathing. It feels nice to do it this way. He pushes my head forward so I’m looking down. The young hero works up and down my spine. From my neck to the top of my butt crack. Up. Down. Up. Down."

"Good job." Intrepid kneads my traps, digging his strong fingers in. He finds all kinds of pressure points that I didn't know existed. I’m forced to relax so he can work my body, but now I'm genuinely loose. My mind clears. He moves to my neck. It feels amazing. I close my eyes and continue to focus on my breathing.

I feel his fingers slowly slide up my neck to my ears. I get a chill. “Relax. You’re doing very well.” Intrepid puts his middle and index fingers on my temples. He makes small circles as I relax more and more. He speaks to me in soothing tones, praising me. The young hero starts slowly counting backwards from ten, pausing between each number to guide me to greater relaxation. By the time his fingers move, I’m slumped forward, my arms hanging down limp, my hands resting on the floor between my open legs as I kneel. Just breathing like it was a natural thing for me to do.

I don’t realize he’s moved in front of me until I feel him hold my right wrist. The young hero lifts my arm. It’s dead weight. No tension. “Very good. Breathe.” Intrepid’s thumb makes circles on a pressure point in my wrist. It feels nice. He lifts my left arm and does the same. So calm. My arms go back down. I feel his hand run through my hair. He massages my head. “Open your eyes.”

I see the attractive Latino hero's feet. I scan up. He's crouched in front of me. He asks, “How do you feel?”

“Incredible.”

“Stay that way. Float.” I rise up. “Good. Do you know the lotus position?” I bring my legs up but with my muscles, it’s hard. “Just cross them.” That I can manage. Intrepid grabs my wrist and guides me forward to the window as I hover in a seated position, legs crossed. He sits beside me on the floor and gets into position. “Now, keep that feeling and just stare out into space, mind blank.”

We sit together in silence.

I lose track of time but it’s probably been a few minutes by the time I start to lose focus. Time. My mind returns to reality. Back to work. Back to reality. Adrian. Chores. Crime. Natural disasters. My muscles tighten. I forget to breathe. I lose my focus and my calm. I look around. Intrepid notices my change and rises. I move to hover in front of him.

The young hero looks up with a smile. He praises me, “Well done. You did exceptionally well. 20 minutes is the best I’ve ever seen for a first-timer.”

I’m shocked, “20 minutes?”

“Yes, you reached a new state where it’s easy to lose track of time. How do you feel?”

I think before I respond. Finally, I explain, “You know, I can honestly say that I have never felt like this in my life. Relaxing, at least not like this, has never been part of my routine. But I get it. That was a really interesting experience. And this might sound crazy but I appreciate breathing more now. I never thought about it but now I kind of miss it. It took me back to being a boy. Before all this. Before my powers kicked in. Before being Sentinel.”

“We all need moments of peace. Something to ground us. So, is this something you’ll try again?”

“Definitely. Although, if you’re not around, I’ll have to figure out how to do it on my own. You really got me there in the beginning. I didn’t know I could be so loose.” I look at the handsome young man with new admiration. “You’re a very good teacher.”

“Thank you."

"How did you learn?"

Intrepid shrugs, "Army brat. Traveled the world. Learned many things from many cultures."

"Maybe that's why you're so perceptive at such a young age."

"Hey, I'm not that young, but yes, it made a big impact. My parents were both military intelligence. I didn't know it at the time, but I've been training to be a detective since I was 5. I saw and heard everything they did. I picked it up. I wanted to follow in their footsteps."

"Why didn't you?"

"You."

I'm shocked, "Me?"

"I was a kid. Sentinel appeared on the scene: larger than life, handsome, huge, powerful. My parents were pretty boring in comparison. You must know that you're the main hero of my generation. My parents are all about Captain Astro and that crew, but you're the guy we looked up to."

"Wow. I did not know that. You've seen that I can be a little ... out-of-touch ... from the goings-on in the world."

Intrepid laughs, "Yes, I have noticed that. Well, it's true. Even though I could never be you, I saw the more street level guys who showed up at the same time, like The Truth and Black Belt. Working alongside you. Around the same age, doing things I thought I could do. I helped my parents solve a case at 11 years old. I built my skills, my mind, and my body to be where I am."

"Congratulations. Your hard work shows and it's paid off." I look back out the window, "I want to meditate again, soon. I can't thank you enough for walking me through the process."

"You are welcome. Of course, boy and I normally do this naked.”

“But not today?”

“I know you expect clothes, so out of respect, I kept my briefs on.”

I'm surprised, “Really? I thought I was being pretty open-minded. I’ll say it out loud … just because I wear stuff doesn’t mean you have to. I wore clothes even when I was definitely alone up here, it’s just how I live. I was raised in labs in jumpsuits. Naked wasn’t a thing, unless I was being tested. Bad associations. But you can wear as little or as much as you want when you’re here.”

“Duly noted. Maybe you should meditate naked next time, too. Create some positive associations for the experience.”

I stare out the window, “Maybe.” My mind wanders. I smile and let out a small laugh.

Intrepid says, “Tell me what you’re thinking about.”

“Just remembering something. A positive association for nudity.” I point, “I’ve actually flown out there naked. It was accidental. Before I had my costumes, I got too close to the sun and, well, I was fine but my spacesuit was not. At first, I covered myself up with my hands. Instinct, I guess. Imagine, being modest in deep space, so close to the sun that nothing human could be anywhere near me. Stupid. Anyway, once I remembered where I was, I just spread my arms and legs and basked in the heat and light.”

“You should do it again. Looking at your face, you clearly enjoyed it.”

"I did." I switch topics, “So, are you staying here tonight? I’ve got to haul some old satellites back to Earth before their orbit decays, but the coordinates haven’t arrived, yet, so I have time to make dinner.”

“I’m working on a case with Combat Kid, but we’re not meeting until midnight. Yeah, dinner sounds cool.”

"Great. Not to spoil the calm, but is the case Chameleon?"

"No. I've hit a roadblock on that one."

"Why?"

"Adrian's story doesn't add up."

"Are you saying he's lying?"

"No, not at all. I found him. And there was a ... bin. With oil. And goop. So, some of it happened. But that's all there was. There was no tube through the building. No water slide. No mask. No video screen. No shredded toga. No dildo contraption. More like a simple sensory deprivation tank with no tech at all."

"Damn." I sigh, "I was wondering about all that. It did seem impossibly elaborate to construct for a singular test of a young hero. And something that was too perfectly and specifically designed for my son." I work through it. "I didn't find any drugs in his system. And you found no tech at the scene." I suggest, "Chameleon is likely an illusionist of some kind or a psionic. I'm guessing the latter."

"You're a good detective, too. That's exactly where my head went. This Chameleon could have led Adrian there, psionically deceived him into the tube, and played with him. The whole trip up to the roof, the ninjas, and so on, might have been mental suggestions. I've ask Gold Mind to take over the investigation, because this is more his territory than mine."

I nod, "That makes sense. So he used Adrian's own perceptions to craft an experience perfectly tailored to him. Or ..."

"Or?"

"Or he was hunting Adrian specifically for some reason and projected the perfect trap into his mind." Intrepid's face tells me he thought of that, too. I assure him, "You don't need to hide things from me. Even theories. I'm not an ordinary father. If my son is in danger, I can do something about it."

"I apologize. I didn't want to worry you until I knew for sure, but moving forward, I will share everything."

"Thank you. And I will let Psyren know there might be a rogue psionic roaming around. Maybe he can scan Adrian for any clues." I pause then say, "Okay, well on that disturbing note, I'm going to work out and I will see you at dinner."

-----

Hours later, I return to the station, having recovered the satellites. The place is dark and quiet. No Intrepid. I head to my bedroom where I strip and shower. I want food. I’m never hungry but I do enjoy flavor and the experience of eating. I reach for my robe, but the earlier conversation has me thinking. I’m home. I’m alone. Why should I dress? I hang up my robe and fluff under my balls. I walk a few steps then rise off the floor, floating naked through my space station.

I forget about food, instead, I head to the atrium. The moon is large through the clear dome, like a spotlight. I turn on some music. Classical. I fly through the lush trees, tiptoe over the gardens, and dance in the air over the small lawn. I lose myself in the moment. I just appreciate being naked, in nature, under the bright moon, on a space station. I enjoy being me, something I don't do nearly enough.

Okay, time to get crazy. Adrian introduced me to club music. I switch to that, blaring it through the speakers systems. I move more. Faster. Wilder. I turn on the fans, savoring the feeling of the moving air on my naked body as I fly. I dance, shaking my butt, swinging my hips, waving my arms. My junk flips and flops as I gyrate and just be loose. I lose all track of time as I just immerse myself in the moment. 

Suddenly, I sense a new presence. I freeze and turn, looking down to see Intrepid. He’s in his black bodysuit and mask. I blush. I float down and tell the computer to turn off the music. The young hero moves towards me as I land on the lawn. His face is in shadow but I imagine he’s smirking at me. When it comes into view, I realize he’s not smirking. He’s genuinely smiling.

“I didn’t realize that you were back. I’m sorry you had to see that.”

“Why? I’m only sorry my presence made you stop.”

“It’s a little embarrassing. You must think I’m nuts.”

“Actually, I love seeing this side of you. Even if I’m insanely jealous.”

“Jealous? Why?”

“Your story earlier and now this. Flying amongst the stars. Dancing in the sky. It must be an amazing experience.”

I smile, “You can fly, too.” He raises an eyebrow. I say, “Nelly, gravity off.” Suddenly, he starts floating. I grab his hand, “You taught me to meditate. Let me teach you to fly.” I pull him and guide the young hero around the atrium. When I first let him go and allow his momentum to carry him, he gasps. I continue to move with him, allowing him to experience flight.


As an outstanding athlete, he quickly learns to shift and navigate in weightlessness. I forget all about my embarrassment of dancing naked, my only focus is giving him a great experience. After a few laps, I grab hold of him in my arms, “Nelly, gravity on.” Our weight returns, but I hold him aloft. I float us down and set him on the lawn. “Well, what did you think of flying?”


“Life-changing. Thank you. And thank you for being real with me. And with yourself. Boy will be thrilled to hear all of this.”

My eyes go wide, “Wait! You cannot tell my son that I was dancing around naked to his club music!”

“By moonlight, no less. And yes, I can. We tell each other everything. Plus, he wants this.”

“Adrian wants me to act like a fool?”

“Boy wants you to be happy.” Intrepid’s hand finds my left pec. We lock eyes. “He wants you to be free.” His hand slides down. He grips my cock and slides his gloved hand up and down. It grows. “He wants you to learn that there’s more to you than being Sentinel.” I’m lost as he massages my pec and strokes my cock. “And he wants you to embrace being a complete human being. So do I.”

I shake my head, “We shouldn’t be doing this. You’re my son’s boyfriend.”

“I’m more than that. I’m his dom. His master. His ‘Sir’.” My cock twitches. “Your son wants you to be as happy as he is. It’s why he asked me to check on you while he’s away. This isn’t some forbidden affair. There are no surprises or secrets here. He knows everything that might happen. And he’ll know everything that does happen. From you and from me.”

“I - oh, wait. It’s too much, too fast.” I gather myself, “Intrepid -”

“My first name is Carlos. Your son calls me Sir. You can call me whatever feels right. I won’t push you any further. Today. But if you want me, you know where to find me.” With that info and offer, he heads back to my son’s bedroom and leaves me alone, naked in the moonlight.

Up next … Chapter 5: Revelation - Sentinel and Intrepid play a game! (1/9/2023)

Image Sources:
Intrepid Flying: Artist - Dan Mora (Robin base, re-colored)
Samson/Intrepid: Artist - Me, except for Intrepid's face which I just could not get right to save my life and since it was right after another Intrepid image, I used Dan Mora's Robin again so the character would look the same in both places.
Backgrounds are compilations from Google images searches for "moon" and "trees night"

2 comments:

  1. DAMN!! What a tease. Hope we see Intrepid taking charge at some point.

    (I feel like a kid at christmas every other day. A little quirk about me --I don't like odd numbers. Now I can't wait until odd numbered days🤭)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No spoilers here.

      That’s great. I have a quirk where I plan and write series in threes - if it goes past one, it should be three, six, nine, etc. chapters. This snuck past 15 due to the many many many re-writes and I obsessed on how to make it 15 or 18. It took a lot to power through and publish 16.

      Delete