Sunday, October 7, 2018

Review: Cap vs. Kasee (Thunders Arena)

I've bought a lot of Thunders Arena matches recently. Kasee and Gunnar both grabbed my attention, so expect there to be a lot of Thunders coverage this month. I've only watched three of them but so far so good. Next up, Cap vs. Kasee pairs up Cason's two recruits on the garage mats. They were both great against the big fella but how are they when they're left to play by themselves?

Cason's boys square off.

Cap and Kasee are connected through Cason, but I never got the sense that they're friends on their own. Their relationship actually feels very functional through the match. Of course, there's some young muscle boy cockiness but it's not personal. Physically, they're similar in height and weight, but Kasee is more ripped and more intense looking while Cap is more boy-next-door.

Kasee's the hot newcomer.

The rookie's got power.

I feel like Cap's butt is under appreciated.

I was worried for the first four minutes because it starts out with each guy posing under a thumping stock music track followed by a staredown. Hopefully not a trend. Then they arm wrestle. Ugh. Fortunately, it's right after the four minute mark when they're finally locking up for a test of strength. Phew. From there, it's about 18 minutes of action and posing.

The audio seemed really off to me. The music over the solo posing and staredown at the start was a weird way to begin. It didn't feel very Thunders. I guess I'm used to the guys posing together and some banter where you can see their personalities. Then through the match, the guys are quiet in their suffering. There's some trash talk, but I'd call it a silent video. I do wonder if it was an intentional decision or if there was an issue with the camera.

It's a lot of legs and flexing.

I love this position.

The boys go hard.

Action-wise, it's back-and-forth with a lot of duplicate holds. Both guys use bearhugs. Both guys use their legs a ton, so expect a lot of scissors in various positions. The selling point is obviously the guys and their bodies. and you do get great views of both of them. There are multiple falls but no "winner" as things get interrupted by a surprise guest appearance at the end.

Who bearhugs better?

That's your call to make.

Aw, so cute.

In the end, I thought this was good but not great. The guys are adorable and the ending was fun, but the beginning and sound threw me off. It felt more matter-of-fact than intense to me. I think that both guys have had better matches and they have more potential in a match-up together. Maybe they need to get them in the ring together.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

1 comment:

  1. Follow me @undergroundwrestler on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK!!!

    ReplyDelete