Thursday, October 4, 2018

Review: Cason vs. Kasee (Thunders Arena)

I've worked at a few companies who have incentivized people for recruiting. If you bring someone in and they work out, you get some cash. My fictional Cave promotion has this same policy and so, it seems, does Thunders Arena. We already know Cason recruited Cap. Now he's bringing in another friend - Kasee (who really should've been called Casee to keep the "Ca" thing going).

After watching Kasee in action, I can say that in addition to being ridiculously hot, Cason is also pretty smart because so far, he's two-for-two in the hot stud department. There's a good chance that Kasee vs. Cap is the rookie's first match but Cason vs. Kasee is the first one I watched so that's the one I'm talking about first.

Cason's latest find is a winner!


Interestingly, someone sent me an e-mail entitled "SuperStar in.... THUNDERS?" about Kasee's arrival. Of course I was immediately intrigued (once I got over the disappointment that it wasn't actually about Mike Carr joining Thunders). After all, Cason has become a real-life Cody in my mind so I wanted to see if this newbie is actually a real-life Jae.

I don't think Kasee is Jae but he is a great addition to Thunders' lineup of little muscle guys. The guys is hot as hell. He loves to flex. And he's cocky and unafraid. Plus, he's got showmanship, like when he dramatically drops his shorts to show off his ripped physique. BAM! Or like when he flexes on the ropes before leaping down onto a laid-out Cason.

Cason is a big muscle guy. He looks huge compared to his little buddy but when it friend vs. friend, anything can happen. It's clear from this match and his match with Cap that Cason is the alpha dog of his friend set. He's the one they all look up to (figuratively and literally). It adds an interesting element to how both these guys approach this match.

Kasee belongs in the ring. Yum!

Kasee's here to entertain you.

Gotta love a guy who spanks his own ass.

At one point, Cason sets Kasee down softly instead of driving him into the mat, admitting, "I don't want to hurt you." Aw, sweet. I don't think the feeling is mutual, because Kasee's out to prove he can hang with the big dog but it's why this works as a back-and-forth battle.

I really like the chemistry between the two. Here's an early exchange:
Cason: You’re lucky I have that back injury. Might help you a little bit.
Kasee: Oh yeah.
Cason: Try not to take advantage of me. I know you like to do that shit.
Kasee: I’m gonna take down all your weak points.
Cason: Can’t even sleep in the same bed as this dude.
This is the kind of thing you get with friends wrestling friends. Context matters and because we know their history and their delivery, it feels light. It’s flirty, comfortable and playful. I like it. These two guys are having fun and we have fun with them. Plus how could I not love the idea of a little guy knowing Cason's weak points then exploiting them to dominate the big stud? I mean that needs to be a custom match right now!

Kasee knows all Cason's weaknesses.

Boys just wanna have fun.

Cason helps us get to know Kasee better.

Action-wise, this is a body-displaying bonanza. You get both guys dishing out punishment and receiving it. Every move is incredibly hot and a lot of them last a good long time. Their size difference is quickly rendered irrelevant. Experience level doesn't matter. They exchange control, each trying to top the other in arrogance.

Joe at Ringside brought up an interesting perspective on Thunders in his review. He said, "The tendency of Arena wrestlers to try on holds like they're trying on sweaters is mildly irritating. I'd prefer believable segues and the sense of mounting drama." I totally get that but I think it works here because of their relationship. Cason never takes this seriously even when he's being punished. He's so supremely confident in his size and skill that it is believable to me. In my experience, this is how friends wrestle and that's what frathouse Thunders is all about.

Fuck Cason is beautiful.

I don't really know how painful this would be
but the guys sell the shit out of it.

It's a long, loving hold-fest.

In the end, I love this video. It's everything Thunders Arena is about. The guys are incredible. Their personal dynamics are intriguing. The action is hot. I hope Cason has a ton more friends (which I guess would be 8-10 given that a ton is 2,000 pounds) that he can bring in.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex




5 comments:

  1. You beat me to it. I'm writing the script for this match now!!!
    I thought it was great and Kasee is such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a cutie for sure.

      I look forward to hearing your take. I’m seldom first with reviews either, but guys seem to like reading different perspectives. :)

      Delete
  2. This was a very fun video to watch. I guess Cason is a master recruiter. Kasee was a surprise to me in the way he performs in the ring. Like you mentioned, from the moment he dramatically takes off the pants (kudos to the editors as well), to how he moves around the ring. It does feel like he is at home in there. he easily jumps off the ring corner! BTW, this means that Mr Cason has been training a lot in the ring as well. Its very rare to see one of the underground wrestlers take such a technical hit. Kasee might be light, but still that is a lot of flying mass. So technical skills are required. So does this mean that Cason is trying to continue growing in wrestling? That's very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could be that they’re getting serious about training. Maybe Cason’s enjoying his wrestling experience.

      Delete
  3. Follow me @undergroundwrestler on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK!!!

    ReplyDelete