Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Review: Cason vs. Gunnar (Thunders Arena)

Thunders Arena always seems to upload matches in bursts. If you blink, you can miss them because they're on to the next hot thing so fast. We're in that situation now. Gunnar's matches may be old news on the site, but I'm just getting to them, starting with Cason vs. Gunnar. And by the time I'm done, guys like Rhino or Jack Beaver or Kid Thing could have come and gone and we'll be on to the next hot thing. It's a vicious cycle, right?

Will I get to Rhino, KT or Jack before they're gone?
First, I have more Gunnar and Kasee to watch.

Gunnar perfectly fits one of the most familiar Thunders archetypes - the shorter big muscleman. He's a thick beefy brute, looking sexy poured into tight shiny squarecuts, making him an easy sell for me. Personality-wise, he comes in feeling confident in his power, which has probably never let him down before.

Nobody brings big boys together like Thunders.




The rookie looks good stretched out, too.
The new guy is facing off against Cason, a taller big man who has proven to be in a class all his own. He's been one of my favorites since he debuted, proving himself to be more than just a perfect body and charming smile. Cason is engaging, smooth and seems open to whatever. And as a commenter noted on my Cason vs. Kasee review, his skills are evolving in a positive direction, too. So yay!

I'm sold on this hammerlock.

Cason's perfection is on a pedestal. 

Things start off as you'd expect, with a lot of bravado and arrogance. Both guys talk a lot and they do it well. Within the first minute, they're locking up in a collar-and-elbow. I don't think Gunnar is a Cason recruit because no relationship is ever mentioned, but they are really comfortable with one another. Both in wrestling and talking, they just "fit".

Cason enjoys his new plaything.

Gunnar shows Cason how a
clothesline is done.

Cason teaches the rookie a few things.

The action doesn't feel like a squash, but Cason is actually way more dominant. I think that's because Gunnar has a limited move set which I don't mind because one of those moves is pushing Cason against the ropes and stretching out his perfect body. Damn, the bigger hunk looks amazing like that. It happens three times and all three times, it lasts.

For his part, Cason has no trouble manhandling the 220-lbs slab of beef. He generally breaks down the rookie like a seasoned pro, lifting him into a bearhug, hammering him with body punches, and wearing him down with chokes and sleepers. It's hard to believe Cason's only been doing it for like seven months? Like Scrappy and Blayne, Cason is just a quick learner who just feels like a veteran.

Cason's sweaty and stretched.

Those are some impressive abs.

The most painful part of this for Cason
is the rope cutting into his balls.

In the end, I enjoyed this as a typical Thunders match and as a showcase for Cason. I did like how they interacted together, which made it both fun and sexy to watch. I think that Gunnar's match against Vinny might show me more and I plan to watch that in the next couple of days.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

9 comments:

  1. Gunnar's totally my type, which is good, because I'm different from most in that I'm not that into Cason. His domination of Gunnar is fantastic though, it's no question why he's so popular. I also think Vinny v Gunnar shows the new guy off more. Gunnar's more talkative than I would have guessed, and he's not as cringey as Vinny can be sometimes, which is a plus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool. I get being into Gunnar because he’s burly hot but I can’t understand not being into Cason! ;)

      Just kidding. I also have Gunnar vs one of the little guys ... Cap? I’m expecting that to be a squash so it should be a good mix between the three matches.

      Delete
  2. Great Review. Although I have to admit that my mind is still imagining a match between Cason and Rhino, the guys on the left on that first image! HOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two definitely tower over all the other guys. It’s like they’re on a different scale. I’m surprised Cason and Rhino haven’t had a match yet, too. Sounds like a must-buy.

      Delete
  3. Rhino might be my new favorite - see him vs Blayne and the way his butt looks in that singlet vs Bolt - Wow! Cason and Rhino play with the new guy Jack Beaver but there isn't much wrestling in that video. Gunnar and Cason are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. Thanks for the reco. Looks like I need to check out some Rhino some time soon.

      Delete
  4. Man, Thunders sure can find them. Short, tall, their roster is a veritable smorgasbord of beefy goodness. While Blayne is still tops on my dance card - his match banter even while getting squashed cracks me up - the big boys are, indeed, impressive. Cason is quite the specimine, and he's one among many. That first group pic really tells the tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it’s crazy how many amazing guys have cruised through Thunders. They usually disappear but it’s like before you can miss them, there’s another one who’s just as hot.

      Delete
  5. Follow me @undergroundwrestler on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK!!!

    ReplyDelete