Monday, October 22, 2018

Review: Chase Addams vs. Bruno LaBestia (BGEast)

Back to BGEast catalogue 130. As I wrote before, this was the most interesting matchup to me. It brings two talented, creative and flirty wrestlers together. It’s heel vs. heel. And I’ve liked both a lot before. So I waited patiently for it to appear on VOD and it finally did. Yay! Now that I’ve watched Chase Addams vs. Bruno LaBestia, what did I think?

The guys enjoy some play time.


Immediately, we see that this will be a wrestling romp as opposed to a rumble. The guys are playful cocky, not evil cocky. It feels like they’re into each other. And Chase Addams abandons his ‘charming’ pro gear for bright pink underwear. He still professes that everything he does is charming but without the trunks to back him up, I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to see. Anyway, the stretchy briefs are not my preference but it’s not that big a deal. Beefy Bruno LaBestia joins him in underwear so it’s like a kinky pajama party.

Bruno brings the power.

Chase knows how to control guys of any size.

Things get sweaty and sexy.

Both these guys like playing with tough opponents, savoring the wearing down of feisty fighters. They both like exploiting weaknesses and exploring bodies. And so, they both are very flirty. Grudging respect and attraction builds as each guy shows what he’s capable of. “Maybe you are as good as you are pretty”. “Okay, I’ll give you that.” “I guess you do know some moves.”

There’s a contrast in styles here. The guys show off their wrestling skills with holds and maneuvers that emphasize Bruno’s power and Chase’s finesse. Once again, it feels more like a game than a war as they show off, looking for the other guy’s approval and respect. The style and action really suits their personalities perfectly.

Chase combines an arm hold with a crab.

Nice arm lock. Better counter.

Bruno gets more than he bargained for.

Action-wise, it’s back-and-forth up until the end. Bruno goes between intrigued, arrogant and frustrated as Chase proves to be “slippery”, “spidery” and resiliently resistant to Bruno’s assault. Meanwhile Chase digs out his “crazy psycho moves” (as Bruno dubs them), but the beefy hunk is able to power out repeatedly. It’s a sexy chess match to see who will be on top at the end.

There’s only one fall in 27 minutes of non-stop wrestling and it comes after an impressive counter of a sure finisher. I won’t spoil if power counters finesse or if finesse counters power, but I really like how it’s all executed. While there is a winner, the loser doesn’t seem to mind at all as he’s explored and kissed with the promise of more fun to come.

Bruno sticks with the classics.

Chase combines knee torture with a dragon sleeper.

Oh, don't act like you don't like it, Chase.

In the end, I really liked it. It lived up to my lofty expectations thanks to the chemistry and commitment of the wrestlers. The match shows that a light tone doesn’t need to mean light action. They enjoyed the match and I enjoyed it right along with them.

So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

3 comments:

  1. undergroundwrestler.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For anyone who doesn’t know, underground wrestler is Marco’s site for custom videos and meet ups with him and others.

      So I’m not viewing it as spam because it feels relevant and he’s a popular wrestler.

      Delete
  2. This looks like an awesome match. I've watched Bruno on UCW. Interested in checking this one out. I like the storyline Chase is the pro who is breaking in the newby. By the looks of it, the newby may do some breaking in of his own. Also, saw another interesting match. Ace Aarons vs Chase Addams.

    ReplyDelete