Saturday, October 12, 2019

Review: Gabe Steel vs. Marcus Ryan (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

Muscleboy Wrestling has released their 16th catalogue. They've labeled it "the rougher, the better" and that's definitely true in Gabe Steel vs. Marcus Ryan. While the selections include a lot of favorites, I decided to watch this one first for some reason. Maybe I just wanted a surprise. Well, the outcome isn't a surprise (you know early on how it's going to go), but the match is impressively good.

Welcome to MBW, Marcus.
Hope you survive the experience.

Gabe Steel has been around for a while, but I've never reviewed him before. He's a beefy hunk with rich dark skin and a killer (perhaps literally in this match) smile. He's nicely packed into black and pink pro trunks with sexy side cutouts, black and pink wrist gauntlets and black pro boots. It's a great look. Gabe has a lot of smooth attitude here, taking control of the scene the minute he enters.

Marcus Ryan is a wonderful contrasting wrestler. He's a brand new rookie. He's nervous and naive, positive and bouncy. In a speedo and bright sneakers, he's not decked out as professionally as Gabe. And with his thin body and pale skin, he's no match for him physically, either. Sometimes the lightweights get a "hope spot" at MBW, but you know that the boisterous boy is in for a beating.

I almost feel bad for this little sweetie pie.

Yes! That's a badass backbreaker.
Hey, I said, I almost feel bad. Almost.

I wonder at what point Marcus questioned all the
decisions in his life that led him to this point.

As soon as I saw Marcus hopping around and psyching himself up, I said, "jobber". Gabe enters and confirms my assessment, smelling the rookie and declaring that he "smells like a jobber". That has to be a sweet smell. Marcus is game to wrestle the beefier badass and promptly gets a hard introduction to MBW. I will give him credit for being a willing victim. After a couple of "I give, sir" submissions, most guys would be looking for the exit. Not this brave young soul.

One of the interesting things about this brutal squash is Gabe's decision about halfway through to submit then strip Marcus. Many years ago, Wrestling Arsenal introduced me to the idea of Clothed Male, Naked Male power dynamics. That's really in play here. Once Marcus loses his "gear," it really drives home how outmatched and outmanned he is. It's a more powerful visual, seeing him naked and destroyed by Gabe in his full pro ensemble.

That's right, kid ... those are your trunks.

Just a boy toy at this point.

Gabe can do anything he wants with his prey.

Action-wise, this is all about Gabe ruthlessly crushing Marcus. The bigger stud bends and batters the hapless rookie. It's not even close and if there's a hope spot of any note, I must've blinked. It's non-stop action for over 40 minutes. The guys get sweaty and tired. Gabe delivers convincing punishment with multiple piledrivers, backbreakers, chokes, crabs, stretches, squeezes and more.

It wasn't a fair fight.

Put on display and there's nothing he can do about it.

So many piledrivers.

In the end, this is a really good squash. Marcus is cute as the eager newbie who has no idea how much trouble he's in until it's too late. Gabe is a relentless heel who uses his size, strength and skill advantage to reduce the jobber boy  to nothing. The mid-match stripping only adds to the action as it further emphasizes the young victim's place on the mats.

What are other bloggers saying?



So, that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

9 comments:

  1. I still can't take back my comment that this was one of the hottest squashes I've seen, at least in recent memory. There were so many hot spots! The suffering from Marcus and punishment dished out by Gabe were top notch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don’t take that back! It is really hot, so I totally got your review when I read it.

      Delete
    2. I can't wait to see what other trouble Marcus will find himself in with future catalogs. It'd be fun to watch him up against another jobber on the roster too! You captured some of my favorite moments. Especially that rack! (also sorry for the deleted comment. I didn't post it as a reply at first XD)

      Delete
    3. Thanks. It’s interesting to me what other bloggers choose to feature. Sometimes, we all pick the same moments, but this match has so much action, there wasn’t a ton of overlap.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite matches this year. I agree with the earlier comments that this is probably one of the hottest squash matches I’ve seen. At least in recent memory. Gabe became an instant favorite with the sadistic ease he had in punishing Marcus, who took it brilliantly. And I really liked how Gabe also sexually teased Marcus a few times, making this even hotter. That hypnotic smile as Gabe manhandled Marcus with one great move after another will keep this on my frequent play list for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Thanks for weighing in. That’s a great point on re-watching. There are definitely really hot moments I’ll go back to.

      Delete
  3. Please, do you have more Clothed Male, Naked Male recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm, I'll have to think on that. The typical way these things go is for the stripping to occur at or near the end. This was interesting because it happens at the midpoint with a ton of punishment from the fully-geared wrestler on the naked wrestler. I assume you want full naked. Hm.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much. I'm looking forward.

      Delete