Saturday, October 22, 2016

Review: Superman vs. Nightmare (Wrestler4Hire)

Full disclosure: Access to this match was provided to me by Wrestler4Hire

I like that Cameron Matthews tries new things with his videos. Some are more successful than others, but it's cool that he's experimenting. With 18+ videos available to stream at any given time, it's easy to enjoy each video for what it is, because there's no direct cost except for time. Why do I bring this up? Is it because I didn't like this? Nope, I did like it quite a bit.

Superman is bored by Nightmare's weakness, but I wasn't

I started with this, because this super-showdown was super-surprising to me. Wrestler4Hire does a lot of squashes, but none more surprising than this one. It's a hero-villain battle that defies one of the fundamental tropes of gay superhero videos.

The hero squashes the villain. Say what? Yep, it's true.

Superman savors showing his super-strength

Nightmare is no match for a super-claw

Now, is that heroic?

Now, I kept waiting for the turnaround. The rug pull. The incredibly and increasingly arrogant hero to get his comeuppance. And the longer his overbearing dominance goes on, you just know he's going to get crushed ten times worse. After all, the villain swore he'd be Superman's worst nightmare.

And so, when Superman puts Nightmare in a sleeper, I'm thinking, "Uh oh, cocky hero. I bet Nightmare becomes super-powered when he's asleep. That's why his name is Nightmare." I'm wrong. And when Superman puts on the villain's cape, I'm thinking, "Uh oh, silly hero. His cape is lined with Kryptonite!" I'm wrong again. In fact, this actually is a story of a hero squashing and humiliating a powerless wannabe villain.

Ooh, you're in for it now, Superman! Oh, I guess you're not.

Okay, this time you're going down. Nope.

I said Cameron tries new things and this qualifies, as it upends the expected narrative, giving me something I didn't know I wanted. In fact, I ended up really liking it. It helps that Chet (Superman) makes a great arrogant hero. Things go a lot better for him here than in his first go as Superman against Dirty Daddy (reviewed here). And give it up for Will Favero (Nightmare), who looks super-hot suffering. In fact, Will is my new favorite discovery at Wrestler4Hire.

Will makes a greater villain-jobber

Poor little guy is helpless against the Man of Steel.

So cute as Superman poses.

Now I could've tried to mislead you and let you discover this on your own, but I didn't for two reasons. First, I don't want you to be disappointed if you want to see a hero get destroyed. Second, I can't pull any images of Nightmare dominating, so you'd realize the truth on your own anyway.

The action is fun. The acting is over the top. Sexy little stud Will is adorable in his tiny trunks being punished and embarrassed by the infinitely more powerful hero. Chet invites the weaker villain to try his best, but it's all for naught. Superman is simply too mighty and he lets Nightmare know it constantly.

Chet pours on the super-power, crushing the villain.

See, now you're just being mean, Superman.

Superman flies and lands. Hard.

In the end, I had a lot of fun watching it. I've actually re-watched parts of it, my imagination amplifying the hottest action in the video. I think it's hotter when you're enjoying it for what it is, rather than waiting for a twist that never comes. I've praised Chet many times, but I'd add Will Favero to your radar if you haven't already.

So that's my take. What's yours? What about this idea of a hero actually using his superior powers to dominate?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. It's always a pleasant surprise when a match does not go the way you thought it was when you first purchased it - and it pleasantly surprises and even exceeds your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Sometimes surprises aren't appreciated, but this one ended up being a good one.

      Delete
  2. It IS nice to see a hero dominating for a change! (You know, when I was REALLY little, I cried when it looked like He-Man was having all his energy drained in an evil Horde machine...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's cute. I'm a little older, but I was very worried for Superman with the Kryptonite necklace. Although I think I might've liked seeing He-Man being drained, but of course I wouldn't want him completely drained ... by the villains, at least. :)

      Delete