Monday, December 9, 2019

Review: Alex Costa vs. Brad Honeycutt (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Full disclosure: This video was provided to me by Muscleboy Wrestling.

Alex: "Hm, looks like Alex Costa has found a good opponent this time, eh? I was a little bit fed up to wrestle these slim boys. Finally, someone who is very big."

Brad: "Name's Brad Honeycutt. I'm here to make a name for myself. And who are you? Costa? Nice to meet you."

I finished up my 2019 Cavey Awards yesterday, which involves re-visiting a ton of matches from the past 12 months. I made the tough calls, wrote up the posts, added the images and they're all set to debut on 12/18/19. With that job done, I was ready to look at something new. Luckily, MBW just shared some new matches from the newly released catalogue 17. Out of the four they sent, Alex Costa vs. Brad Honeycutt was the first one I wanted to check out.

Can the rookie handle the hairy hunk?

The main reason this rose to the top is that Alex Costa is always a must-watch. I'd argue that the hairy hunk is one of the sexiest men in underground wrestling ever. The hair, the body, the sweat and the attitude are all awesome. And when his eyes flair, he has just the right amount of danger. These days, he's really embraced wrestling and performing, commanding the mat like a true superstar.

Brad Honeycutt comes to MBW full of energy and confidence, but maybe he should've wrestled one of those slim boys with whom Alex is fed up. While the sexy beast started out as a hot hairy muscle jobber, these days, he's a rough and tough opponent. Fortunately for Brad, the mouthy rookie has strong muscles, some skills and a lot of determination as he tries for an upset in his debut.

Brad's pumped to make a name for itself.

Nice instincts.

Sweat + clingy white trunks = fun.

I'd argue that there are no muscleboys in this Muscleboy match. In terms of both age and size, these two fiery hunks are muscleMEN for sure. It's a back-and-forth match that skews heavily to the hairy hunk. The rookie impresses as he fights hard and resists demands that he give to some painful holds. After getting his ass kicked for a stretch, he resets and bravely states, "Okay, Costa. Let's do this."

This is a great sounding match. Brad's whimpering and selling is remarkably good. When he begs, it's sexy as fuck. And when he gets on top, he's a cocky fucker, too, with great banter and trashtalk. I like how he mouths off and I feel like he draws Alex to reply in kind because the hairy hunk is more verbal than usual. The audio makes the video even more exciting and tangible.

You're in the big leagues now, Brad.

Still fed up with skinny boys, Alex?

Brad's a very expressive seller.

Action-wise, it's rough with a lot of big submission holds. Scissors, bearhugs and stretches show off their assets beautifully. Both these sweaty muscleMEN are displayed in all kinds of sexy positions. Alex racks Brad a couple of times. And the rookie is willing to bend the rules as he goes for a choke with this wrist tape. Even though Alex is strong early, Brad comes back hard and I wasn't sure who was going to win until the last few minutes.

Two hot sweaty bodies on display.

Brad: "And today is your unlucky day
to find out who Brad Honeycutt is."

I really want to see a couple of guys
do this at my gym.

In the end, this is a good muscle match with a great debut by the rookie. The guys are gorgeous. Brad's got the charisma and body to become a star. Alex already is one. It's a rough and tumble battle and they work well together. Brad succeeds in his goal to make a name for himself while Alex gets the bigger, tougher opponent he's been craving.

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. This was a great match, and I totally agree, the sound absolutely sold it. There's always a chance for the banter to be a bit much in wrestling matches (My pet peeve is when there are too many 'whoos'). Brad Honeycutt does not have that problem, I can watch him taunt and humiliate beaten up fighters all day. I only wish that Brad was able to force Alex to say his name. He definitely earned it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that would’ve been great. I hope Brad keeps going and gets more time on top. Forcing opponents to say his name as a sign of submission would be a cool hook for a wrestler. I might actually use that for a character.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL! I think he’s a lot of guys’ one weakness.

      Delete