Friday, January 24, 2020

Review: Mr. Joshua Goodman vs. Christian Taylor (BGEast)

Mr. Joshua Goodman vs. Christian Taylor is an oldie (filmed in 4:3 ratio) but newly released on the last BGEast catalogue of 2019. It was a must-see for me because of the talent but I had to wait until I was settled. Then I forgot about it and the new catalogue was released. Luckily, the Besties reminded me of its existence and I finally got a chance to enjoy the match.

It's one of the best vs. one of the newest (at the time).


Mr. Joshua Goodman is one of those wrestlers that always grabs my attention. He’s incredible in every way. Physically, the guy is incredible looking with an amazing muscular body that’s like a classic sculpture, an award-winning bulge, and a handsome face. He’s got an incredible personality and spirit. And he’s sharp in the ring. It’ll be a sad day when BGEast posts his final match from their seemingly endless vault.

On the other side, we have another star. Not in Mr. Joshua’s level but definitely with an impressive body of work. This is one of the first Christian Taylor matches. I really like the guy and he handles big hunks well but this is rookie Christian. He’s still lean and lanky but he’s green and a little less self-assured. Not that he runs from the mighty superstar. Christian is brave and feisty as a rookie but I feel like I can see the evolution.

Mr. Joshua fluffs while Christian crawls.


Welcome to BGEast, kid!

A new scissors variation. Me likey!

I’ve had a post in mind for a long time called “It’s the little things” where I’d point out little nuances that catch my eye. It’s been too much work to compile so far but this match has a couple of those little things I love. One little thing is actually a HUGE thing. It’s the way he wears his tight yellow gear. Mr. Joshua is packing so much in front that his junk pulls the trunks away from his body. Man, I love the rare guys who can do that.

Another small detail I love is that while Mr. Joshua is a tough heel, he perfectly allows himself those little moments of vulnerability to tease us. When young Christian gets the upper hand, Joshua really sells well like he’s about to submit to the rookie (I actually think he let a “give” slip out in one hold but I’m sure he’d deny it). It’s a sign of respect for his opponent, the ring and the fans. Love it.

See, that's how a pro does a headlock.

Christian gets control. For a bit.

Mr. Joshua will play along but only for so long.

Action-wise, Mr. Joshua dominates the majority of the time. Part of the match story is the veteran muscle hunk “teaching” the rookie the rules (always to his advantage, of course). He demands that Christian break when he grabs the ropes but engages in an extended period of creative torture with the young newbie tied up in the ropes. I’d say it’s unfair but it’s too hot for me to genuinely complain. In fact, it could be a post just by itself with Mr. Joshua using so many different positions.

The rookie manages to tie Mr. Joshua up in some nice holds, using his long arms and legs effectively. Those moments on top only lead to greater abuse and humiliation. Mr. Joshua executes big power moves, including some ring-shaking body slams. He definitely earns the many pained cries and multiple submissions from Christian. To conclude things, the handsome heel tears open the back of the rookie’s trunks as a reminder of his first humiliating match.

With the rookie tied up in the ropes, Mr. Joshua goes wild.

That's a real fan service slam!

Mr. Joshua has to get a workout somehow.

In the end, this is classic Mr. Joshua Goodman. The body, the attitude, the wrestling, the gear, the bulge. It’s exactly why the guy is an all-time superstar. Rookie Christian is great and it’s easy to see how he evolved from jobber boy into a versatile star in his own right.

So that’s my take. What’s yours?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. Classic! Joshua Goodman never fails to deliver and his body is statuesque. His skills are awesome - he administers punishment with just enough sexual prowess to play his matches again and again! Does he only wrestle for BG East? I’m glad he does and support him there, but am just curious if he can be found anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think Mr. Joshua ever wrestled anywhere else which is a shame. I was trying to think of a current wrestler like him and I can’t come up with anyone close. He’s one of a kind.

      Delete
  2. I wish Mr. Joshua did wrestle on more sites just to have more videos available of him. It'll be a sad day when there are no new videos left of him. He's probably in my top 3 to 5 favorite underground wrestlers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he’s definitely up there for me, too. The good thing, I guess, is that we won’t really know when the well has run dry. It’ll be 20 catalogues later and I’ll realize, “Gee, haven’t seen Mr. Joshua in so long.”

      Delete