Saturday, January 18, 2020

BGEast BESTIES Voting Open

By what definition is 2019 Brendan Byers a Babyface?


That question will likely remain a mystery but who will win one of BGEast's annual awards, the Bestieswill be answered soon.

Yes, voting is open. As you may recall, I helped with nominations (my choices here). This is less about influencing your vote and more about seeing how I did.


First up, not too bad. The only category where I was completely shut out was Best Mat Battle and that was the category where I didn't really have a strong opinion. Best Bulge is the only category where all three of my nominees (Mr. Joshua Goodman, Kirk Donahue and Guido Genatto) made the final cut. I'm not that surprised as all three are obvious and popular choices.

Second, by what definition is 2019 Brendan Byers a Babyface? Sorry, I need to let that go, but it makes me think some nominators voted based on legacy rather than last year's action. That's something I work very hard to avoid with the Caveys.

There is also a 16th category that was not on my ballot: Best Full Product. I don't VOD or OTA many full products, but I did see all the matches from Wrestling with Pride 2 and Wrestling Spotlight: Kirk Donahue. Of those two, I'll go with Wrestling with Pride 2, simply because it was more ambitious.

Anyway, here are my final votes ...

1. Sexiest Match: Kayden Keller vs. Brendan "not a babyface" Byers

2. Best Mat Battle: Calvin Haynes vs. Grant Connors (I like both these guys, so they get my vote)

3. Best Ring Match: Cameron Matthews vs. Cole Cassidy


4. Best Squash: Chase Addams vs. Noah Samson

5. Best Submission: Chase Addams vs. Noah Samson


6. Best Body: Mr. Joshua Goodman

7. Top Heel: Chase Addams

8. Top Babyface: Kenny Starr

9. Best Jobber: Noah Samson

10. Best Debut: Dimitri


11. Best Abs: Van Skyler

12. Best Bulge: Mr. Joshua Goodman

13. Best Butt: Van Skyler

14. Hottest Liplock: Calvin Haynes/Kayden Keller

15. Best Overall Match: Cameron Matthews vs. Cole Cassidy

16. Best Full Product: Wrestling with Pride 2



Good luck to all!

Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment