Thursday, April 18, 2019

Guest Blogger 3: Rocco Russo (Muscleboy Wrestling)

Guys,

My guest blogging invitation is really bearing fruit. My second contribution comes from Rocco Russo, CEO of Muscleboy Wrestling. Best of all, Rocco has taken a completely different approach than Cameron and I love variety.

Rocco gets personal, explaining his beginnings with wrestling. It's amazing how many of us have similarities in our introduction to wrestling. My story isn't the same as Rocco's, but the emotions are very relatable.


Rocco's wrestling journey feels very relatable.
(MBW Austin Tyler vs. Joey McCoy)


Rocco writes ...

The Early Days

When I was 12 or 13 years old before I even understood the concept of what being gay was I found myself watching the WWE and WCW on TV. Fairly normal activity for a boy that age except for one thing: I always seemed to gravitate to the matches that featured the hottest and most muscular guys. Bob Backlund, Brad Armstrong, Kevin Von Erich, Ron Richie, Tommy Rogers, and Paul Roma were early obsessions and continue to be so even today. Why was it that only the super hot ones are getting my attention? As I began to make the connection between the sexy and muscular wrestlers and the rumblings in my groin I slowly realized that this was more than just about hot bodies. There was something about the domination and physical aspects of it that also raised my senses. And it was almost exclusively connected to PRO wrestling.

Lucky for us Rocco saw these hot muscle boys ...

... otherwise we might've missed out ...
(MBW Alex Costa vs. Armond Rizzo)

on some of these hot muscle boys!
(MBW Derek Bolt vs. Quin Quire)

Perish the thought of these guys never wrestling for us.
(MBW Nick Flex vs. Alex Costa)

However I definitely recall some very hot and pulse pounding scenes at my high school gym with members of the wrestling team. They were trying to recruit me for the team and loved putting me in holds and taunting me. This happened several times and I thought I was literally going to explode in my gym shorts - thankfully I was able to wait until I rushed to the boys bathroom to take care of that. I seriously considered joining the team but when I saw the blond god that was in my weight class (who I had already been crushing hard on) I knew it was not to be. There was no way I could spar with him every day and not be majorly turned on.

It's definitely tough to resist a hot opponent!
(MBW JJ Allen vs. Justin Powers)

What? No, it's just the friction, dude.
(MBW Justin Powers vs. Ethan Slade)

Back home one day I was hanging out in my parent’s basement with my best friend (who later turned out to be gay) and he challenged me to a wrestling match. I began to shake with terror. I knew I could NEVER accept his challenge (I’d get turned on!) but before I could answer he lept on top of me and starting putting me in holds and grinding against me. I recall being in loose fitting gym shorts and there was no hiding the pup tent that popped up below my waist. I ran out of the basement in sheer terror and ducked into the bathroom and rubbed out the issue. I muttered to myself “my life is over”. He KNOWS I’m into this, he SAW my hard on - what will I DO? As I emerged from the bathroom there was no sign of him. Then I heard the toilet flush from the upstairs bathroom and he came bolting down the stairs with a grin on his face and said “can’t wait for the re-match”. We proceeded to watch tv and hang out as if nothing had happened and my life was saved (for now!). We never did have that re-match and we lost touch after going off to different colleges in different states. I’ve always wondered … does he still wrestle?

C'mon, buddy ... let's wrestle.
(MBW Austin Tyler vs. Jesse Zane)


Those shorts didn't hide anything, boy.
(MBW Chris Cannon vs. JT Atlas)

So back to the pro wrestling scene on my tv screens I went. I dove in like a high flyer going for a giant frog splash. Something about the thump thump of the canvas and the bodies getting smashed into it (and each other) was absolute heaven to me. Back then I didn’t even comprehend that I liked it rough in the bedroom. I just knew that wrestling was IT for me. I soon realized toward the end of my high school years that this obsession was going to be with me for a long time and that there may be something more going on inside me besides a fetish for muscular hunks pummeling each other. I was indeed gay but how to find a boyfriend that was into wrestling?? Should I train to be a pro wrestler and just relieve myself after training sessions?

Thump, thump. Hump, hump.
(MBW Nick Flex vs. Justin Powers)

Yeah, wrestling is IT.
(MBW Nick Flex vs. Taylor Reign)

I began to accept who I was and had brief relationships with men in college that never fully satisfied me. The wrestling never lost it’s luster and I began to collect mountains of VHS tapes of my favorite stars and favorite matches. I tried to find someone to date who liked to wrestle (or at least understood the fetish) but it was liking finding a needle in a haystack.

Romance + wrestling ... it seems so obvious.
(MBW Justin Powers vs. Luke Maxwell)

Grappling and groping ... what's so hard to understand?
(MBW JJ Allen vs. Taylor Reign)

The many days of making connections with guys also into wrestling were ahead of me after college but at this point I never imagined there were so many who shared my fetish. Like many of us, I thought I was a one in a million freak. Little did I know about the countless sexy wrestling matches I’d have with really hot men that were about to make my wrestling fantasies come true. Nor did I ever imagine I’d have a brief career as a pro wrestler AND find a life partner who was just as obsessed with wrestling as I am! I’ll save those chapters for future blog posts.

It's hard to find, but the search is worth it.
(MBW Jesse Zane vs. Steve Tanner)

- Rocco Russo, Muscle Boy Wrestling CEO


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, this was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great indeed. I mean, he even mentioned VHS tapes! Blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad everyone enjoyed it. More to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, relatable is right. I still pound one out watching Tommy Rogers, Al Perez, etc., on YouTube. Now thanks to wrestling personals sites online? Doing so in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post. Very relatable. I'm looking forward to hearing how a pro wrestling obsession led to a brief pro wrestling career and then to owning your very own pro wrestling promotion!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    -JS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed this - very, very relatable. It's great to see someone who does this because he's passionate about it. Cam is the other one. Hope to see more like this as these are the guys I'll definitely support!

    ReplyDelete