Monday, April 1, 2019

The Cave Unleashed 10: Beau vs. 'Lethal' Lee Evans



Dusty Inn. A Bar and Motel West of Tucson AZ.

“Stop. Lee should’ve told you to go around back. And no drinks before the show. I'm not getting sued if you’re clumsy.”

Wrestlers in the back, big guy.


The muscleman sits down at the bar, “I’m not in any show. I'm just a customer looking for some dinner.”

I’m surprised. We’re holding a pro wrestling show here in my bar tonight. I figured he was some new talent Lee brought in. If he’s not a wrestler, the guy should be. He’s a hulking 230-lbs of muscle on a 6’1” frame. “Sorry, man. Welcome. You here to watch?”


“Nope. Just driving and got hungry and thirsty. Saw all the cars, figured this must be a good place. Can I get a menu and ...” The blond muscleman looks at the taps, “... a Duff, please.”

“ID?” The hunk pulls out his wallet then hands me his license. I check. Yep, he’s over 21. Barely. I’m 62, so ‘legal’ keeps looking younger and younger every year. Anyway, I hand him the menu (it’s short) and chat him up, “Beau from Texas. I’m Dusty. Welcome to my bar and motel. I used to live in Texas. Where’s this place you’re from?”


“It’s near El Paso.”

“El Paso? I love El Paso. Yep, I was a bartender there for two years. Before you were even born. What brings you to town?”

Beau looks at me, like he’s debating on whether to talk. A moody muscleman. Great. I hope he’s not looking for trouble with one of the wrestlers. I don’t need any fights. Outside the ring, I mean. He finally says, “Just passing through. On my way to visit a friend.”

“Sounds like you need one.” The young bodybuilder looks like he wants to say something, but he hesitates. I tell him, “Well, we got some nice rooms out back. Gotta couple open. Assuming you’re not driving through the night to wherever you’re going.”

“I’ll keep it in mind. Can I get that Duff? And I’ll just get a burger. Everything on it.”

“Regular fries? Sweet potato fries?”

“Salad. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing. On the side.”

“I gotta check what we got. Don’t sell too many salads.” As I enter in his order, “So, El Paso, wanna run a tab? Wrestling starts in fifteen minutes and they go for a couple of hours.”

"Wrestling? I thought you were having a band or something." The blond bodybuilder looks behind him. It’s like he’s noticing the giant ring in the middle of the dance floor for the first time. He turns back, “Cancel my order.”

As he moves to rise, I instinctively put my hand on his wrist. His eyes flare and I realize that mighta been a mistake. I quickly raise my hands and back up. I say, “Sorry, man. But stay. You’re hungry. You’re thirsty. You don’t gotta watch them boys jump around. Just look this way.”

Beau sits back down, “I wasn’t going to hit you.”

I smile and move back up to the bar, “Good to know.” I lean in and whisper, “Most of them ain’t very good anyway. Mostly a bunch of local boys who like to run around in their underwear.”

“So why have them?”

I shrug, “All their buddies follow ‘em in. Drink a lot. Eat a lot. Look at the crowd. Good business for a weeknight.” I ask, “You sure you ain’t a wrestler?”

“I’m sure.”

I put down his beer, “Well, you sure got the body to be one. Nobody around here could hold a candle to you. Not even Lee. He’s organizer and champ of this local wrestling league.” I make small talk while fill orders for the servers. “Lee’s a good-looking kid. About your age. Big into this. Smart kid, too. Dad’s the local dentist, but what does he do? Bails on college and decides to be the next big wrestling star. Gets a big tattoo to look tougher and starts this whole local thing with his friends. Boys will be boys, right?”


Right on cue, Lee comes out of the back in his red tights with the white barbed wire pattern down each leg. He checks out the ring and chats up the fans and friends, but notices Beau sitting here. The guy is hard to miss. The local muscle boy looks at the big Texan’s back. He lifts his chin at me, wondering what’s up. I point at the ring, silently telling him to never mind and get wrestling. He nods, but I can tell he’s still thinking about the muscular stranger because he keeps looking this way until he heads back behind the curtain.

Lee can't keep his eyes
on the ring.

Beau’s unaware of the interest in him. Don’t think he’d care. He just takes a big gulp of his beer as I put ketchup, mustard, hot sauce and wrapped silverware in front of him. I look through the packets of salad dressing. “What do you know? It’s your lucky day, El Paso. Balsamic vinaigrette dressing.”

“Lucky day. Right.”

“Wow, that bad, huh? If you don’t mind me prying, what’s wrong? Been a bartender for 40 years. Owned this place for 15. Taught me a little bit about listenin' and not judgin'.” (To learn about Beau's bad day, Dusty should check out The Cave Unleashed 8: Beau vs. Keith)

“Thanks for the offer, Dusty, but it’s a long story and I’m not in a talking mood.”

“Fair enough. If you change your mind, I won’t be far away.”

“Thanks.”

The Show’s Just Starting.

Since he’s the only one sitting at the bar not watching the show, I've gotten to learn a little more about Beau over the past couple of hours while I make drinks. He’s a cowboy starting a four-week road trip, but it’s clear it’s not for fun. He’s got a lot on his mind, like he’s reevaluating everything and everyone. I can relate, but he’s not looking for my advice. I keep it cool, because his trust in people is obviously low.

The show’s going pretty good. True to his word, Beau is watching none of it. Just sits at the bar, drinkin’ and thinkin’. I notice guys watching him, though. I wave them all off, but on his way to the ring for the final match, Lee looks this way again. The champ hops in the ring for his big title defense against some small-time indie wrestler from Phoenix he’s convinced to come down, but his mind is over here.

The champ is back on Beau.

While we’re talking, Lee keeps the championship belt. He bought the damn thing, so I guess it makes sense he should win it. He’s holding his head, acting like he’s hurt, but he’s still sneaking peeks this way. Instead of heading to the back, he heads this way. I shake my head, but he ignores me. Boy’s strong-willed. If his daddy can’t control him, how can I? Boys will be boys, right?

Speaking of boys being boys, the champ saddles up all pumped and sweaty in his red tights. He orders whiskey before turning and leaning back against the bar, thrusting his big chest up. The local stud turns and looks at Beau with a sexy smirk, “Didn’t like the show?”

I chime in, “Cool it, Lee. Man’s got a right to have a drink in peace.”

Lee needs to back off.

Lee spins around, talking like a little boy caught doing wrong, “I’m just talking to him, Dusty.” He realizes how whiny that sounded, so he rolls his shoulders back, acting like the man again, “Just it’s hard not to take it personal when we’re busting our asses in the ring and a guy keeps his back to us the whole time. No cheers. No applause. No boos, even. Nothin’.”

“Maybe he just doesn’t like wrestling.”

Lee replies forcefully, “Maybe he can answer for himself. I mean, look at him. I don’t think this guy needs your protection. I bet he can handle himself real good.” The local stud puts his hand on Beau’s shoulder and squeezes, “Can’t you, man?”

Beau turns to look at Lee’s hand then back at me. He shakes the champ’s hand off then pulls out his wallet, “Thanks for the talk, Dusty. I’ll be going.” He slides off his barstool and fishes for cash. “As for your show, Lee, don’t take it personal. I’ve had it with all wrestling, not just yours.”

Lee nods, “So you do wrestle? Ever been in a ring?”

The cowboy breathes in deep then asks me, “Dusty? I’ll settle my tab now.”

“Sure thing, El Paso.” I set Lee’s whiskey down and head to print out the bill.

Lee warns, “I don’t like being ignored. El Paso.”

Beau turns, getting angry, “And I don’t like being hassled. Champ.”

Lee slugs back his whiskey, slams down the glass on the bar then spreads his arms, “Then do something about it, big man.”

The whole bar is watching and they let out a collective, “Ooooooh!” The two men stare each other down. I set the bill down, but it’s the last thing on anyone’s mind. Lee steps into Beau, bumping the big Texan with his bare chest. That does it. The two of them start shoving then they lockup. Everyone clears out, giving the musclemen space to settle this. Damn.

Beau gets the upper hand. He twists Lee into a side headlock. The champ punches Beau in the back. WHACK! The big Texan turns around, forcing the local hero into a front facelock. He lifts and Lee grunts. Lee pushes free and the two musclemen lock up again. The tattooed wrestler pushes in with a knee to Beau’s stomach. THUD! OOF! When he tries to grab the big blond beast, Beau forces him into another lockup.

The out-of-towner backs Lee all the way back into the ring apron then gives him a huge punch to the abs. THUD! Lee doubles over in front of the muscle beast. I wonder if the champ is regretting picking this particular fight. I come around the bar and grab a folding chair. I’m thinking about getting involved, but both guys see me and tell me to stay out of it.

I ain’t gonna argue with grown men. If they wanna fight, let ‘em fight. I say, “All right, boys, have it your way. Just do it in the ring. Like you’re supposed to.”

The crowd cheers that idea. Beau steps back and nods. He strips off his plaid sleeveless shirt and kicks off his tennis shoes and pulls off his socks. As the big Texan unfastens his jeans, Lee points at Elijah, one of his wrestler buddies, “Give the man some trunks.” The buddy digs through his bag then tosses over a pair of black trunks with a silver cross on the front.

Lee's getting impatient.

The big man strips buck naked in front of everyone. Damn. What a man. I notice some bruises and marks on his body. Boy was in a fight. Like today, based on how fresh they are. He wasn’t lying when he said he had a bad day. Now I’m thinking I should stop this. He might not be in any shape to wrestle a stud like Lee. I joke about his title, but he works hard and is damn good.

So, the Texan hunk is built and bruised and on top of that, no way will he fit his massive ass, thick cock and bull balls in Elijah’s tiny trunks. They’re designed for his skinny, no ass, no bulge body. Elijah’s a nice kid, but when he turns sideways, he can hide behind a flag pole. Beau tries to pull them on and the seams crack on his calves as he forces the spandex to stretch. When he hits his thighs, he gives up. Off they come.

One guy in the crowd snarks, “No one’s got any man-size gear? Cause a boy’s extra small ain’t gonna cut it.” Everyone, except Elijah, laughs, cutting the tension. But we still got a naked bodybuilder in the middle of my bar and it’s not that kind of place. The same guy points at beefy Carlos, the biggest wrestler hanging around, “What you got, Bubba?”

Carlos looks in his bag then tosses Beau a pair of blue trunks with silver lightning bolts on them. The big Texan nods and pulls them on. Carlos’ weight is in his stomach, so they’re still tight, but Beau gets them on. His balls weigh them down in front and they’re pretty form-fitting. You can see the outline of everything, but they’ll do. The big man squats and stands, stretching them out so he can move.

Beau's ready for action.

Lee sits on the middle rope and pushes up on the top one. He waves the big Texan into the ring. Beau slides through cautiously, but the local boy’s playing fair. For the moment.

I come up to the ring, “You sure about this, El Paso? You don’t gotta do this.”

“I’m sure. And I do.”

Beau vs. Lee.

The men circle the ring. With 6’1” Beau barefoot and the 5’11” Lee in black pro boots, they look like a great match. Both wide powerful shoulders. Big chests with sculpted pecs. Thin waists and ripped abs. Beau’s got way bigger legs, which I’m sure Lee has noticed. And their bulges are pretty big. I’ve seen both now and they’re pretty equal in that department, too.

The two musclemen lock up. They might look equal, but El Paso pushes hard and sends the champ flying backwards into the corner. CLANG! Lee shakes his head then nods, showing a little respect for his opponent’s power. They move to lock up again. This time, the tattooed hunk throws up a surprise boot, but Beau catches it.

They stand there, with Lee hopping on one foot and the cowboy raising and lowering the trapped leg to keep the champ from launching his other boot around. So, the blond beast does wrestle, because that’s not something an amateur would expect. I was worried for the big Texan, but maybe he does stand a chance.

Suddenly, Beau lifts the boot up high and fast. He’s trying to put Lee on his back, but the champ expects it. He springs off the canvas and is able to throw himself around, flipping all the way around and stick the landing. PLOP! Impressive, but it also leaves him wide-open for a charging clothesline. WHOMP! Lee flips all the way around and lands on his stomach. SPLAT!

El Paso jumps up then splashes down on Lee’s back, landing his 230-lbs hard. SPLAT! Lee’s head rises up as he moans from the impact. Beau spins around and sits on the champ. He pulls up on his chin, stretching him out. The local hunk groans in the hold but manages to push up and slide backwards. He rises behind Beau and gets him in a sleeper.

The champ squeezes hard as he tries to end this fast. Beau throws himself backwards, crashing down on top of the tattooed muscleman. CRUSH! He rolls off then drags the winded Lee up by his wrist. Beau pulls him forward into a scoop across his chest. The cowboy twists then body slams the local stud down. BOOM! Lee bounces on impact and moans.

I smile, thinking how different wrestling is when it’s not scripted and your opponent can fight back. Maybe Lee will learn something after all. The cowboy pulls Lee up again. He scoops him up and body slams him even harder this time. BOOM! The crowd is shocked, but I can tell some aren’t minding this at all. Me neither.

Beau pulls Lee up again. This time, he pulls him into a knee lift. WHOMP! As the champ bends forward, the big Texan grabs him around the waist. He lifts and flips, dropping the 210-lbs muscleman down hard on his back. BOOM! Lee’s had enough already, rolling away and right out of the ring. He stretches his back out as he regroups.

The blond beast adjusts his growing bulge in the tiny spandex trunks. I’d definitely say he’s getting bigger as he stretches out Carlos’ trunks. The fans are patting Lee’s shoulders and telling him he’s got this. He just nods, psyching himself up. In the ring, the cowboy moves to the ropes. He sits on the middle rope and pushes up on the top one.

“C’mon back, champ. Unless you’re done?”

Lee shoots him the finger. Beau just nods, as he lowers the top rope. However, he slides out of the ring, rather than back in. Suddenly, the chase is on. Everyone backs up as the challenger runs after the champ. They do a lap before the tattooed stud finally slides into the ring. The cowboy slides in after him, but he’s slower than Lee. The champ is back up and waiting.

As the blond beast slides in, he’s met with big boots to the back. STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! That gets the crowd cheering. Lee drags Beau up, but the big Texan isn’t really hurt. He dives in and tackles the champ down. THUD! OOF! WHAM! The two musclemen start grappling on the mats. They’re quickly sweating as they roll around, trading positions, nothing sticking.

Lee’s got MMA training, so I think this is a bad idea for El Paso, but they’re actually pretty equal. Beau impresses me. He knows mat wrestling, too, and his power advantage more than makes up for any possible skill advantage the tattooed muscleman has. They roll around for a minute then two. They’re sweating and breathing hard. Their grunting fills the bar.

Almost five minutes in, Beau gets the upper hand with a rear naked choke and body scissors. Lee defends to keep from going out, but he’s trapped. The champ grunts and squirms. He can’t overpower the big Texan. The fans are right at the ring, encouraging the local hunk to turn this around. I have to stand on a chair to see what’s happening.

The tattooed stud is trying to bridge. He throws his elbow into Beau’s side. He pounds on the legs that control his body. His buddies slap the mat and yell, their desperation matching the champ’s obvious distress. Finally, in desperation, he throws his head back. Beau’s not expecting it and it connects with his face. CRACK! That’s enough to stun the cowboy and let the local stud pull free.

As the assembled group cheers and relaxes, the wrestlers lie on their backs. Both are pumped and sweaty. Beau holds his face, getting his wits back and making sure nothing is broken. Lee rolls back-and-forth to get his focus and energy back. Finally, they both roll away from each other and rise. They charge in and bump chests. WHOMP! They back up and circle the ring.

The local stud notices the big Texan’s swelling bulge, “So that’s how it is. You don’t look like a man who’s done with wrestling. You obviously aren’t done wrestling me, are you?” When he gets ignored, Lee says, “Let me guess. Some big bad heel gave you those bruises when he broke your heart and that’s why you’ve been crying to Dusty all night.”

“Shut up.”

Lee shakes his head, “No, I got it. It was your sugar daddy. He threw you out. Got tired of fucking a loser and that’s why you were hitting on Dusty instead of watching us wrestle. Hoping he’d be your new daddy? Hoping he’d kiss it and make it all better? Or maybe let you kiss it. Yeah, you want Dusty to come in and pin you down, big boy?”

“I said, shut up.”

Sensing he’s struck a nerve, Lee grabs his bulge, “Dusty’s cool and sexy, for an old guy, but everyone here knows I’m the sexiest motherfucker you'll ever meet. One night with my stacked 9” and you’ll be on your knees begging me to be your new wrestler daddy. You want that, boy? You want daddy Lee to take care of you?”

Beau roars and recklessly charges in. Lee sees it coming and ducks the move. The cowboy runs all the way to the corner. The champ comes in from behind, moving fast. He jumps on Beau’s back and locks on a sleeper. The 210-lbs crashing down on him drops the big Texan to one knee as the thick arms tighten around his head.

With the superior angle, the champ leans forward and squeezes, crushing Beau’s windpipe with his forearm. The cowboy is fighting the hold, but it’s wearing him down. He suddenly reaches over his shoulders and back. He grabs Lee’s thick black hair then throws himself forward. The local muscle is flipped over into the turnbuckle, landing upside down. CRASH!

The big Texan rises and shakes out his head. He drives his bare foot down into Lee’s chest, dropping him flat in the corner. STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! As Beau goes for another, the ring savvy champ slides under the bottom turnbuckle. The challenger misses, jamming his leg on the hard canvas. STOMP! ARGH! Beau stumbles backwards, hobbled while Lee rises on the apron outside the ring.

Lee leaps from the apron onto the top rope and springs out. Beau is surprised. He tries to catch the champ, but his weight and momentum are too much and the guys crash to the mat. BOOM! Beau is crushed under the weight, winded and stunned. Lee drives his fists into Beau’s big body. THUD! THUD! THUD! The cowboy manages to roll away. Both men rise.

They circle the ring. Lee moves in and throws out kicks. Beau has to dodge or block them. He adds in punches, shadow boxing the bigger muscleman. POW! POW! POW! The Texan is a tough guy, but he's clearly no boxer. Lee uses his MMA training to take control of the match, moving the cowboy around at will while hitting a bunch of light shots. POW! POW! POW!

None of Lee’s attacks do much damage, but they keep Beau off-balance and on defense. When the cowboy does charge in to lock up, he gets a forearm to the head. WHACK! That staggers him. The attacks continue. POW! POW! POW! Both guys are sweating, but it’s the challenger who’s breathing hard and moving slower. Lee’s wearing the muscleman down.

Beau realizes what’s happening. He finally just barrels through. He gets a punch to the jaw, but it’s weak and the cowboy barrels through the champ, flattening him. WHOMP! SPLAT! The cowboy grabs a leg and flips Lee into a single leg crab, trying to slow things down. The local hunk realizes that and fights to flip himself. He rolls over under Beau then uses one boot to push on the bigger man’s ass and send him flying across the ring.

Lee rises just as the cowboy is coming back at him. The champ ducks then comes in behind Beau. He grabs him around the waist and squeezes. The 230-lbs muscleman just runs backwards. Lee can’t resist and is squashed in the corner. SPLAT! Beau spins around with a big forearm to the head. CRACK! The tattooed stud sags in the corner. He lifts his leg in desperation. SQUISH! The low blow sends Beau stumbling backwards, hunched over.

The champ dives forward, tackling Beau down. The guys grapple. Lee is trying for arm holds, which are his specialty from his MMA training. The cowboy is too strong and skilled for that. I’m impressed that Beau isn’t just muscle. He’s a good mat wrestler, using his power to not only defend, but take control. Lee is quickly put on defense.

Beau gets on top. He slams his forearm down onto Lee’s big pecs. WHOMP! In desperation, the champ goes for a controlling hold. He wraps his legs around the cowboy’s waist and crunches up. He manages to grab the challenger’s head in a front facelock. Lee has Beau trapped, although he can’t really apply any pressure.

The champ grunts as he fights to control all that muscle. His own arms and legs are trapped, because the moment he lets go, Beau will pull free. Neither guy is really hurting and neither guy is really in a good position. They stay like this for a few seconds, each trying to figure out what to do that won’t open them up to a counterattack.

The sweat is pouring off them, especially Beau. The cowboy fires body shots into Lee’s sides. POW! POW! POW! There’s nothing Lee can do as his body is pummeled. Suddenly, the big Texan slides his hands under his opponent’s back. He plants one foot and powers the 210-lbs muscleman up off the canvas. Lee says, “No, no, no!” Beau drops down, slamming Lee down on his lower back and ass. WHACK! The champ goes limp, losing his holds.

Beau stumbles back and it’s clear he’s getting tired. He said it’d been a long day and I believe it. Lee’s made this a marathon and that clearly favors him. I bet he guessed that as soon as he saw the bruises. Like I said, smart kid. If the cowboy doesn’t end this soon, he could lose just by fatigue. The blond beast moves in and drags Lee up to one knee.

As he rises, the champ throws a big elbow into Beau’s abs. THUD! OOF! He bends forward and Lee adds in an upper cut elbow. CRACK! The big Texan turns and grabs his jaw. The local stud rises up. He grabs the back of Beau’s trunks and his neck then just throws the bigger muscleman out of the ring. The cowboy flies out, landing hard at the feet of the crowd. CRASH!

Beau grunts. He rises slowly as everyone takes a step back. The guys start jawing at him, telling him he’s a loser and he’s going down, but no one gets within reach while they say that. Real brave, boys. The cowboy ignores it, but when the guys pick up on Lee’s taunts about Beau wanting a wrestling daddy, he makes a move towards them. That shuts them up.

In the ring, Lee has run into the opposite ropes. He ricochets off them and runs full speed at this side. As the sweaty cowboy turns to face the ring, Lee leaps up, flipping over the top rope. Beau can’t do anything as 210-lbs of flying muscle crashes down on top of him. WHAM! Both studs collapse to the dance floor. The big Texan gets the worst of it as Lee lands on him.

The champ rises and yells, proud of his athleticism and ring savvy. He flexes over the stunned muscleman at his feet. Beau is breathing hard, trying to find some kind of second wind. Or maybe third or fourth, given what he’s likely been through today. Lee drags the cowboy up and locks his arms behind him with a double chicken wing. Beau’s chest and bulge are thrust out as arms are held tight from behind.

Lee holds Beau tight. He says, “Welcome our newest wrestler, boys. They call him ‘El Paso’. Show him how we initiate rude fuckers who think they’re better than us.”

The guys move in fast. Hands run all over the big Texan’s powerful body. Beau gets groped and molested. His chest and bulge get the most attention. He suddenly fights, but Carlos is fast with a big fist to the abs. THUD! OOF! Other guys step in with chops to those amazing pecs. WHACK! CHOP! SLICE! Red marks cut over the smooth flesh as new bruises join the old ones.

Give the cowboy credit. He’s still fighting. So much so that two guys drop down and each grab a leg. They open them out to the side, making Beau shorter and removing any leverage. While they’re down there, I notice them checking out the blond beast’s bulge. Sure enough, wandering hands check it out, squeezing as hard as Beau fights. The challenger gets the message.

With Beau obedient, the wrestlers go back to pummeling his body. THUD! THUD! THUD! The shots are hard this time. Enough’s enough. I step in and tell them it’s supposed to be one-on-one. I order Lee back into the ring or they’re all kicked out. I don’t care if Beau thinks he’s man enough to take on the world. I have to step in. Everyone backs off, respecting my demand. About time these boys listened to somebody.

Lee uses the chicken wing to spin around and shove Beau face first into the ringpost. CLANG! The big man stumbles backwards, stunned by the impact. The champ grabs the back of his trunks and neck then forces Beau back into the ring. The 230-lbs muscleman slides in and rolls onto his back. He’s blinking, trying to get his mind focused.

In just two moves, the champ moves onto the apron then the top turnbuckle. He perches high then leaps off. Lee crashes down onto the big cowboy, squashing him under his 210-lbs of muscle. SPLAT! The local hunk bounces back onto his knees as the challenger coughs in front of him. The champ forces Beau onto his left side then locks on an armbar while putting his shin on the cowboy’s head to hold him down.

Lee asks his buddies, “Any bets whether I can get this big bitch to beg or not?”

Carlos says, “No one here’s stupid enough to take that bet, champ! You got this.”

True to Carlos’ claim, no one is stupid enough to take the bet. I’d like to, just to give a nice young man some encouragement, but I can’t afford to lose that much money. The whole bar would want in. I don’t doubt Lee’s ability to finish this. He’s got control and he’s got the skills. I just hope he doesn’t hurt the big guy. I almost say that to him, but then he might ‘accidentally’ do it just to prove I don’t control him. I just gotta let this play out.

With everyone confident in his superiority, Lee is even more cocky. He twists the blond muscleman’s arm hard. Beau thrashes under him, but the champ has the strength and skill to handle him. Arm punishment is his specialty. Lee locks the twisted, hyperextended arm in place under his armpit then unleashes hard punches to the thick right shoulder. POW! POW! POW! Beau really feels them based on his moans of pain.

Lee rises up, still holding the arm. He pushes Beau face down with one black leather boot then puts his the other on the back of the muscular stranger’s head. He viciously wrenches the arm. ARGH! Beau’s feet kick up and down and he pounds the mat in pain and frustration. The pressure must be incredible and I’m worried his arm will come out of the socket.

Beau tries to push up. He tries to shift. Lee counters everything, keeping the shoulder attack going. Finally, El Paso manages to twist right and ease the pain. The champ isn’t stopping, though. He wildly pulls on the right wrist, dragging the 230-lbs muscleman around the ring by his arm. Beau’s moaning as he tries to get his feet under him. They do a whole lap before he can stop and rise up.

With his opponent on his feet, Lee immediately slides under the arm, twisting it as he does. He locks on the standing armbar. Beau tries to counter by kicking out, but the champ sees it coming and dodges easily. The tattooed stud shifts to a one-handed grip then batters the arm with fists and forearms to the bicep and shoulder. POW! WHACK! POW! Oh boy. The powerful limb is looking pretty limp.

Lee twists and spins, putting the bigger man into a hammerlock. He pushes the Texan’s hand way up his back, forcing the 6’1” muscleman up onto his toes. Beau slaps his right shoulder, trying to keep the feeling there as he’s paraded around the ring in the simple, but effective hold. Beau tries to catch the smaller muscle stud with his left elbow but misses by a mile.

The champ grabs the blue waistband and lifts, wedging the trunks up between Beau’s cheeks. Yeah, it’s for control, but it’s also for some humiliation. Lee’s not just looking to beat the big man. He could probably do that now with his armbar submission hold. No, he’s sending a message to his fans around the ring. His belt ain’t fake. He’s the man for real.

Lee suddenly pulls to the right. Beau’s dragged with him as the champ runs him into the corner, shoulder first. CLANG! The impact shakes the ring and the pain drops Beau to a knee, his right arm hanging limp beside him as he clutches his shoulder. The local stud forces Beau to stand up, backing him against the turnbuckles and holding him there with his 210-lbs of muscle.

The champ hops onto the middle rope, his knees digging into Beau’s sides to hold him up and in place. He raises his fist as he forces the big Texan’s head back. The champ unleashes hard shots to the forehead. CRACK! CRACK! The crowd starts counting. CRACK! THREE! CRACK! FOUR! CRACK! FIVE! The blond muscleman flails weakly with every shot, looking out of it.

Lee pauses to ask, “MORE?”

The crowd gleefully shouts, “MORE!” The sound is deafening as every guy in the place yells along with every vicious fist. CRACK! SIX! CRACK! SEVEN! CRACK! EIGHT! CRACK! NINE! CRACK! TEN! The local hero raises his fist again, but this time, he brings it down in a flex. He kisses his bicep. SMOOCH! As he surveys his frenzied fans, Lee gets a nasty grin on his face.

The champ puts his thumbs in his waistband and shimmies his sweaty red tights down. The guys wolf whistle and cheer as the handsome hunk reveals his red thong. Lee wedges the spandex under his ass in back and under the wrapped pouch. He pulls Beau’s face forward, rubbing his manhood all over the cowboy’s face. The crowd howls and yells, “MORE!”

Caught up in the moment, Lee obliges. He fishes his thick meat out of the thong then slaps the stunned stud’s face with it. WHAP! WHAP! WHAP! The champ forces Beau to stand taller then shoves his cock into the gaping mouth. He thrusts his hips, face fucking the helpless muscleman, who can only take it. Lee’s ass tenses with every move as he’s cheered on.

Beau gags on the thick shaft, which might be the best thing for him. He wakes up enough to push Lee back, sending him off the ropes and onto the canvas. PLOP! The champ lands smoothly as the challenger summons the energy to lunge forward with a big clothesline. WHOOSH! The big left arm misses as Lee ducks sideways.

Lee comes in with a spear to Beau’s wide-open abs. THUD! The champ drives the big Texan back into the corner. CLANG! He grabs the gasping hunk by the right arm again and forces him to spin around. The tattooed muscleman feeds it over then under the top rope. He lifts it up Beau’s back for another hammerlock, only this time, around the rope.

The champ mocks the challenger by spanking Beau’s bare ass. SMACK! He lifts the hand higher, causing the big man to cry out. With the 230-lbs muscleman under control, Lee tucks his junk back into his thong then pulls his tights back up. Some guys boo, but the local hunk just laughs. He punches the back of Beau’s shoulder. POW! WHACK! THUD!

Beau sags, his legs wobbly from the pain shooting through his massive body. Worse than the pain, he just looks tired. His massive muscles have lost their pump. As much as Lee would love to own this beating, I know that whatever fight the cowboy got into earlier is coming back to haunt him. The burger and beers probably aren’t helping either. These kids and their egos.

Lee unwraps Beau’s arm then reapplies the hammerlock. He holds the hand up the back as he spins in front and actually scoops up the 230-lbs of dead weight. The champ holds Beau up, just to prove he can handle him then bodyslams him down onto his arm. The big Texan cries out and flops around on the mat, grasping his shoulder and whimpering. Damn.

The champ grab Beau by the hair and pulls him into a sitting position. He kneels behind him then slowly runs his thumb across the blond beast’s throat. The crowd erupts, knowing that means he’s done. The giant muscleman is so wrecked that he can’t even do anything about it as he sits there, holding his limp arm as his end is telegraphed.

Lee grabs the injured right arm as he spins around. He pulls Beaus arm out and down as he wraps his legs around it. The champ locks in the scissored armlock and leans back hard. The cowboy immediately starts thrashing around, crying out in pain as his arm is tortured in the brutal finishing hold. The big man screams in pain. Here’s where pain and desperation overwhelm ego.

“GIVE! GIVE! GIVE!”

Beau furiously slaps the black leather boots that hold his chest down. TAP! TAP! TAP!

The champ says, “BEG!”

The proud cowboy can’t resist. He obeys, “PLEASE! LET GO! PLEASE!”

Lee opens his legs and lets Beau have his thick but useless arm back. The challenger rolls onto his left side, whimpering as he clutches his damaged shoulder and arm. The champ rolls to his knees to face the crowd of cheering fans. He flexes for them before rising. The tattooed badass circles his prey, shaking his head in disgust at the destroyed muscleman.

As he puts his boot on the loser’s injured shoulder, Lee flexes again. Elijah grabs the belt and slides in, but the champ wags his finger, “I’m not done. I just wanted all of you to know. And him to know. What I always know. I can make ANY man. ANY size. Beg. For. Mercy. ANY time.”

Lee pushes with his boot, putting Beau on his back. He lowers himself down and rubs his bulge on the cowboy’s face, further humiliating him. The champ grabs behind the 230-lbs muscleman’s head and rolls them over. He wraps his legs around Beau’s head, smothering the defeated Texan with his bulge. The champ folds his legs into a figure-four and grabs his ankle.

Beau groans into the champ’s balls as the pressure increases. His left arm pushes on the legs, but it’s a sad display. There’s no power left in the poor guy. I just shake my head as Lee toys with his victim, milking this knockout to the cheers of the hungry locals who love seeing their leader destroy this beautiful, muscular outsider.

Finally, the champ shows some mercy. He puts Beau out then opens his legs. Lee leans back on his elbows, just looking down at the massive muscleman lying there, his face sleeping on the red spandex bulge. The tattooed hunk rolls the cowboy’s carcass over onto his back then rises up to his feet. He plants his boot on Beau’s heaving chest and flexes for the crowd.

Elijah rolls over and hands the champ his belt. He holds it up high and flexes his tattooed arm. His bicep pops as he poses over the big Texan. The champ kisses the belt and looks at the crowd, “Tell me somebody got all that.” Several guys confirm that they’ve been recording the whole thing. The tattooed wrestler moves to straddle Beau’s waist as he puts his belt around his own.

“Yeah! That’s why I’m the fucking champ around here! Don’t ever. EVER. Disrespect ME in MY house.”

The crowd cheers their approval. “LEE! LEE! LEE!” The champ beats his left pec as he caresses the gold and leather resting on his bulge. He looks out and smiles at his buddies as they worship him.

Lee looks down at the sleeping muscleman, “You hear that? THAT’S how you show respect! You fucking pay attention when I wrestle!” Lee steps back and presses his boot down onto Beau’s bulge. When the cowboy doesn’t stir, he shakes his head, “Pathetic.”

The local stud turns and hops out of the ring. His buddies surround him and congratulate the conquering hero. He was their leader before, but now, he’ll be an even bigger local legend. Maybe even bigger than local once this hits the internet. And you know it will. I wish Beau had said no, but that isn’t how young musclemen think. Maybe on a better day, things would’ve been different, but they weren’t. A real shame.

Lee puts his arm around my shoulder, “Thanks for hosting us, Dusty. It’s been a pleasure, like always. Want us to clear the trash outta the ring before we go?”

I shake my head, “You don’t know his story. You didn’t have to humiliate the guy.”

“Yeah, I did.” The crowd laughs. Lee points at the sleeping giant, “Oh, speaking of humiliation, I gotta get you your trunks back Carlos.”

I say, “Just go. They’ll be here tomorrow when you come to take down the ring.”

Lee put his hands up, willing to let this feud end. He says, “All right. You’re the boss, Dusty.” My eyes narrow and I give him a stern look. The cocky young stud just winks at me, “Relax. We’re just having fun. And thank El Paso for me. Tell him he made the night real special.”

Putting Beau to Bed.

After Lee heads to the back with his buddies, everyone else pretty much settles their tabs and leaves. Show’s over, I guess. I tell the waiter and kitchen staff to close up. I look at El Paso, still sleeping in the ring. Shame. Nice kid. He was in no shape to wrestle and he’s in no shape to drive anywhere. I got two empty rooms in the motel, so I gather his clothes and grab the key to room six.

I slide into the ring then shake him awake. I’m ready to jump back, in case he wakes up still fighting. Lucky for me, he just opens his eyes and moans. I pat his chest and tell him everything’s okay. He says, “Nothing’s okay, Dusty.” Oh boy. I tell him I got a nice room for him. He asks me to just leave him here, but luckily when I tug on his left wrist, he follows me.

When we get into room six, I lie him down on the bed then grab his keys. I find the right car, move it right in front and grab his duffel bag. Hm, traveling light for a guy on a four-week road trip. As I walk back into room six, I freeze in the doorway. Beau is up and out of Carlos’ trunks, buck naked, working his shoulder out in the middle of the room. I drop the bag on the table. He asks me to wait while he cleans up. I figure I should. Make sure he’s okay. I turn on the TV to a comedy movie, figuring he needs something light, and relax while he grabs his stuff and heads to the bathroom.

Fifteen minutes later, the big Texan comes out with a toothbrush in his mouth and nothing else on. Beau brushes while I stare at the television. Of course, I wanna just stare at him, but I keep things professional. He leaves and I hear him spit and rinse. He comes back and gets right next to me with his big meat at eye level. Okay, can’t avoid staring now. Incredible man. The boy is hung. He extends his hand to thank me for being so nice to him.

I stand up and shake his hand, keeping my eyes up. “Happy to do it. Sorry about Lee and his buddies. Hope they didn’t hurt you.”

The big man shakes his head, “Been hurt a lot worse today by a lot more important guys than Lee.”

Beau's going through a lot.

“I’m sorry. If you need anything tonight, I’ll be just down to the right in the office.”

“No, you won’t.”

The powerhouse pulls me into a deep kiss. At first, I can’t help myself. I go with it. But this boy’s in no shape to be making these moves. I push against his body, careful not to touch his right shoulder. He’s still too strong and solid. Beau squeezes me against his naked body. I moan as his hands caress me. He ravages me with his mouth and hands. I can only go limp in his arms.

Beau whispers in my ear, “Let’s fuck.”

“What?”

“You heard me.” He falls back onto the bed, pulling me with him. I can’t resist as I’m pulled down on top of him. “Let’s fuck. As hard and as long as we can. Lee was right. I want you, Dusty.”

I shake my head, “You don’t know what you want.” He tries to argue but I get a finger on his lips, shushing him. “You had a rough night and a rougher day. You had a few beers. You got knocked out. You're not really thinkin' right. I’m here and I’m being nice to you, so you think you want me. Things will look and feel a lot different in the morning. Including this old man.”

The bodybuilder looks confused, like I’m the first guy who could resist him. Maybe I am. He actually begs for the second time tonight. This time, it’s me he’s begging and it’s to have sex with him, “Please? If you're worried, I won't fuck you. You can just fuck me. You don’t have to be gentle.”

I breathe in deep, using all my strength to say, “El Paso, you’re a beautiful man. Inside and out. This is like a fantasy and I’d love to ... be with you. But not tonight. It wouldn’t be right.” He looks sad, so I tell him, “Trust me. I’ve been down before, too. Many times. I know how it feels. I know the mistakes you can make.”

After a long staring contest and some not so subtle hip gyrations under me, the cowboy finally says, “I do trust you. That’s why I want you to fuck me.” I shake my head. Beau palms my head with his big paw. He pulls me down for another kiss. I let him. The bodybuilder pauses then, seeing nothing’s changed, he asks, “Will you at least stay with me for a little while?”

I nod, “That I can do.”

The handsome hunk nods back. He rolls me onto my back then undoes my belt and my jeans. I watch as he pulls off my shoes then pulls my pants off. He runs his hand up my leg and my cock twitches in my tighty whities. The bodybuilder pulls off my shirt, exposing my lean body and smooth chest. I gulp. He cups my bulge then slides his hand inside my briefs. Oh fuck.

“You sure we can’t fuck? I’m real good at it.”

I somehow stay strong, “I don’t doubt that, but I’m sure. Just roll over and go to sleep.”

I turn out the lights. Beau slides under the covers and I grab the remote before sliding in behind him. I spoon his big body, his back against my front and my right arm draped over his right side. He gently rubs my forearm and wrist then slides my hand onto his cock. I lightly grip his shaft and kiss the back of his neck, “Go to sleep.” The thin layer of cotton over my manhood does its job, keeping my cock under control as it presses against his big, muscular ass.

We lie silent by the light of the television. He mutters a thank you for being nice to him then falls asleep within a few minutes. I just hold him for a while, listening to him breathe as I feel and smell his freshly washed body. Doing the right thing sucks sometimes. I better get some good karma outta this. Finally, I let go, turn off the television and fall asleep beside him.

The Light of Day.

When I wake up, Beau’s out cold on his stomach. The sheets and comforter are off him and I once again see what I passed on. Damn. I leave to clean up. I open the office around six. Wash El Paso’s clothes and drop them back at eight when my day clerk/maid arrives. He’s still sleeping. When it hits nine, every other guest is gone, so I figure I should check on room six again. I hear him in the bathroom, so I head to the kitchen and whip up some breakfast. When I get back, I hear him on the phone, so I listen a second.

Let's see how my special guest is doing.

“Yeah, I was wiped out. I decided to crash at this motel overnight.” Pause. “Yeah, I think it was the right decision, too.” Pause. “Nice little place called Dusty Inn. Outside of Tucson.” Pause. “No, the owner is the one who’s Dusty. It’s his name. Awesome guy. Like the nicest guy in the world awesome.” Pause. “No, we didn’t. I asked, but he said no, so we just cuddled.” Laugh. Nice to hear him laugh. “I know, right?” Pause. “I figure it’ll take me like 8 hours to get to you?” Pause. “Yep. I’ll call when I’m closer. Thanks for letting me crash.” Pause. “Okay, bye.”

Sounds like his call is over, so I stop eavesdropping and knock on the door with my boot. I’m holding a tray of eggs, grits, ham, toast, juice and a big bottle of water. Beau smiles when he sees me, asking me in. I set the tray down and pull hot sauce and ketchup out of my back pockets. He digs in. Nothing wrong with his appetite.

I realize he looks even better in the morning, clean and fresh. He's shirtless in jeans and cowboy boots, like a man out of a romance novel. So handsome and muscular. Flawless skin, except for a few fading bruises. I almost regret us not fucking, until he says, “Thank god I ran into you, Dusty. You’ve restored a little of my faith in men. Thanks.”

“No thanks are necessary.”

“Yeah, they are. And an apology. I wasn't myself. I had the worst day of my life then the beers and the match. You were right. I should've walked away.” Beau looks at me, “Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.”

“You didn’t. I was flattered. Still am.”

Beau reaches out and grips my trim hip with his huge hand. He looks up at me and says confidently, “I want you to know that I wouldn’t have regretted it. Not one bit. Would’ve been nice to ... make love with a nice guy. Still would.”

I comb his still damp hair with my fingers, but I ignore the offer and the big paw rubbing my leg. Instead, I ask, “You feeling better?”

“Little bit.”

“How’s the arm?”

“Oh. It's fine.” To prove it, he swings and moves it. Yep, full range of motion and no sign of pain. Beau draws his hand down to dig out his wallet. “Before I forget ...”

I get stern, “Put it back in your pocket, El Paso.”

“But the room?”

“On the house. Would’ve been empty anyway.”

Beau counts on his fingers, “The burger. The beers. Laundry. Breakfast. You’ve done a lot for me. I have money to cover it.”

“You got money to burn?” That stops him. “I didn’t think so.”

“I feel guilty not paying you. I don’t like charity.”

I sit down in the chair beside him and squeeze his thigh, “You deserve a lucky break. Consider this one. It was nice to have someone to talk to. And sleep beside.” He smiles. I pat his leg, “I wasn’t born this old. I’ve done the soul-searching road trip before. More than once, actually. Don't be free with your money. It’s hard to get back once it’s gone.”

Beau exhales long then says, “The last six weeks of my life have been hell. And yesterday was the worst day yet before I ever even got here. Then it only got worse last night. Except for one thing. Meeting you. I won’t ever forget you, Dusty.” He leans in and touches my face. We kiss again, softly this time. When we break, he grabs the pad and pen from the desk. “Can we stay in touch?”

“Sure. I’d like that. I’d like that a lot."

"Cool. Here’s my number and email and social handles. I can always use more folks in my life who're good at listenin' and not judgin'."

"Well, that's me. Any time you need to talk, you just reach out." I write down my number and email for him. "Now, finish your breakfast. You need your strength. You’ve got a long journey ahead of you.”

The End

20 comments:

  1. OMG please tell me Lee isn't a one off. What a debut! What a heel! Attitude, body, knows how to push buttons and play the crowd. And, as always, Beau is da man. Woof! I don't want to give spoilers so will just say part of me wanted it to play out opposite what it did, but given the circumstances it probably played out logically. Under different circumstances? I bet the outcome would be reversed. With extreme prejudice as they say. And Dusty. What an honorable man. No foolin, this was a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Lee’s return is up to you guys, so he’s off to a great start with your comment!

      Yeah, on the result, this could’ve gone either way, so I let the narrative guide me. As I wrote it, I just knew how it had to go.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE it when you subvert expectations! This could have been another one of those "local asshole hero gets comeuppance, humiliated in front of his cronies" stories one comes across sometimes, but I should have had more faith in you. ;) The heel has to win SOMEtimes. Besides, call me crazy, but Lee might not be all that bad. (I loved his MMA skills by the way.) He was defending his territory, and for reasons of Beau's own, Beau DID come off a little bit like an asshole at first. I think Lee could even end up helping Beau at some future point. Think about it. If Beau had won, Lee would probably be all get-even-if-it's-the-last-thing-I-do. But since LEE won, he'll probably think of Beau like, "You know, that guy's not bad." And when someone has an ass like Lee's, you forgive him. Nice pictures.

    D'aw, Beau! Reaching out for the first kind person like a flower for the sun. (It's also an important lesson why we should all be kind to everyone we meet. You never know.) I love Beau being all shocked when Dusty told him no. (Class act, that Dusty.) A little touch of arrogance in the ol' lug! But it makes me think of "Jane Eyre" (bet you didn't see it going there), Jane knew this beautiful girl who was kind but a little conceited, and Jane thought fairly, "She has a mirror, and knows what she looks like, so..."

    And Beau's mysterious phone call. Who could be at the other end? Ben? Eh, that's the only guess I have. We'll just have to wait and see. Fun read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m glad it was a fun read. I don’t really try to subvert expectations (mainly because I am a bad judge of what others expect), but I do try to switch things up. In this case, this result made the most sense as I was writing.

      I’m not calling you crazy on Lee at all. I don’t know that I think that Lee is bad. He’s a cocky young muscle punk for sure, but if the story was written from his POV, he’d be the bad ass good guy.

      Delete
  3. Lee is an awesome character. I got that out of the way! He is hot and perfectly written. And it sucks, that it sucks not to be able to have more of these characters featured. Because, Dusty's Inn would make for a great series! The stories Dusty could share!
    But Lee is wonderful. He looks like a Cave wrestler. And something tells me he would love to go against guys like XAQ, MM, Mr Riddle and of course the Bat. He does like to dish out pain.
    One of the best parts was when Dusty grabs the chair. That had me cracking up. And as cool as Dusty was, he isn't fooling anyone. He wanted those two to wrestle as soon as El Paso walked in. I mean, he has the suave technique of Mr Suave himself, Cody. I like these one off stories that include outside of the ring characters. Even if we don't see them again. It gives the feeling of what happens in real wrestling matches when fans and wrestlers interact. Who cares about them? Its the fact that they were toying with Beau! BEAU! DESTROYER BEAU! NUKE MAN! How dare they! And that's why they are awesome. For them he was just another muscle brute trying to take their boy down. And he got what he deserved. Although if they ever purchase a Cave video, or read these stories, they might be like… Oh crap! We just messed with the wrong man! Great story Miller. Very Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee does look like he’d fit right in at a couple of places ... Cave and CLAW.

      I hope to add more non-wrestling characters where they make sense. I think it adds to the world to have guys like Dusty around.

      Delete
  4. Love Lee, but this is about Beau. For me, as a fantasy figure, Beau is always hotter when he goes down. And I know it's a process with becoming more humble, and he certainly is more sympathetic, but got to say I still love how on some level he remains the fearless "dumb" alpha who can't back down and goes from a fighting machine to Lee letting his buddies basically do what they want with him after a horrible beating. He's just that character you want to see strut shirtless into a bar and three monsters attack him and after a lot of fighting, he almost wins - only to be put out cold on the pool table. Really like Dusty as well - Beau needs a daddy to gently (or not) put him in his place. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome. This story is definitely about Beau’s journey, but I’m happy to read reactions about the newbies.

      You’re right that Beau is a fearless alpha. He did admit at the end that he should’ve walked away, but in the moment, he is who he is. I don’t know that Beau is ever going to back down. And before Keith, he never really had to, because he pretty much always won.

      Delete
    2. Hi! Im not the same anonymous as above, but I agree with the sentiment. Angry Beau is great, walking into this situation was great. Getting punched around and also taking what the crowd was giving was fun to read. And it turned out a bit sweet too! Great job as always :)

      Also, Im glad you posted this one first, because the other spoiler-alert story also looks great, but waiting a couple weeks for this one would have been torture!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I’m glad I did, too. I only like torturing characters, not readers!

      Delete
  5. SHOCK!! I though for sure THIS was Beau's big chance to get back to his dominance. And sexy Lee (who should definitely be a part of more stories) would have been a perfect victim. But you surprise us once again not just having Beau lose but get squashed. I'm a fan of jobber Beau, but kind of miss the big dominant stud who collared Ben. Hope we haven't seen that last of that side of Beau. I also really enjoyed seeing this story from Dusty's perspective. It was a great charming outside character with some interesting insight on the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Beau mistakenly thought this was his big chance, too. I can’t say if he’ll get his old swagger back, but I can say his journey will continue.

      Delete
  6. You know you've created a great character when he invokes such an emotional split, Alex! :) That's exactly what's become of our friend, Beau.

    Personally, I find myself firmly on the side of Dominant Beau. It breaks my heart to see the big stud suffering like this. He was the unstoppable Nuke Man! He was the guy who, at just 21 years old, literally TOYED WITH the powerful Josh/Mr. Riddle and was egging on Ryan/Bane! He was also the guy who single-handedly put a stop to Dylan and Kyle and saved who-knows-how-many internet wrestling victims from a torturous fate. Granted, he was on the verge of getting a big head, and "reality checks" like these often help someone become a better person, but Beau was already a legit hero, and I hate seeing all that brain and brawn of his broken like this -- especially when it's due to the vile machinations of his weaselly brother.

    It seems like the weakest muscle of Beau's perfect body was his big ol' heart because once Toby tore that out, he went down like Achilles. I look forward to following his journey, but these "humblings" he's enduring are killing me! :)

    -JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m excited that guys love Beau and see him differently. Luckily, I have a plan in mind, otherwise I might get confused. And I read you on seeing the big guy suffer. It’s tough to see guys we like in trouble, but everybody’s life has static at some point and without drama, there’s no story. At least Beau is out meeting new people like sexy Lee and wise Dusty.

      Delete
  7. Poor Beau! You did an amazing job, Alex! I normally love seeing big studs like him, Xaq and Xander suffer, but I was truly rooting for your Texan wrestler here. I really felt sad as it became obvious this wasn’t his big comeback but another low point for him. Thankfully, Dusty’s kindness and refusal to take advantage of him seemed to help a little.

    While he was getting a big head, the other commentor is correct that he did a lot of good stopping Dylan and Kyle. I can’t remember but did Toby ever try sitting Beau down to talk things out about his feelings?

    I’m curious to see where heads next in this arc. I’n guessing we’ll be seeing more of him through 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes characters have to suffer, even if it’s unfair.

      Toby talk about his feelings? Naw, that’s not his style. He’s more of a take action kind of guy (in this case, the action is scheming, conniving and backstabbing the one man who always had his back).

      Delete
  8. I haven't seen Beau, one of my favorites, in quite a while. I'm glad you've brought him back. While the match as written was good, I am disappointed that Beau was defeated. I hope that his journey toward glorious, victorious redemption continues, maybe eventually in a rematch with Lee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beau’s journey will definitely continue into 2020 at least. Four weeks can last forever in Cave time and this was basically day zero. Now, on day one, he’s driving somewhere to someone.

      I don’t foresee a rematch with Lee, at least not in-story, but you never know.

      Delete
  9. This story is one of your most re-readable. it is great to read a story with a character arc. Beau and Lee might split matches 50-50 but Beau is a bad place mentally and so much of wrestling is mental. And this story ends with a scene of human compassion and tenderness that is very real. I could see a rematch if both Beau gets into professional or semi-professional wrestling. But there is plenty of time and i am sure you have plenty of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Re-readable is a huge compliment. Yeah, I really put Beau through the wringer before this one. Beau and Lee seem to have moved on and put any bitterness aside, but I could see a rematch between them in the future.

      Delete