Saturday, April 13, 2019

Review: Krush vs. Callum (Krushco)

Krush is having a pretty good year so far. Since he's a one-man operation, the bald bruiser is less prolific than other wrestlers, but he faced Blaze in a really good match (review here) and now he's facing off against Callum, a beefy Brit who's just as skilled and brutal as he is. Krush vs. Callum is intense and exciting, a great showcase of what Krushco is all about.

Krush vs. Callum brings brutality to the mats.

Apparently Callum has appeared in videos for a group called Wrestle4afee, but while I think I've heard of them, I'd never been to their site before this video. And so, Callum is brand new to me, but I immediately like him. He's a real bad boy, with a lot of arrogance and the moves to back it up. As the Jaguar ads say, there's a reason why so many movie villains have British accents.

Callum isn't going to take a crap from Krush.

Although maybe he doesn't have a choice.

Maybe they'll change the name to Callumco?

Krush is, of course, always an arrogant badass, so it's nice to see him meet his match. As you'd hope, it's totally back-and-forth. Things get intense right away and the guys hold nothing back. They work each other over beautifully with sleepers, chokes, scissors and body work. There's a lot of tension between them as well, so you get trashtalking throughout.

I guess Krush has had enough of Callum's accent.

This video is called "Cheap Shots".

It's mat submission wrestling.

It's a long video (almost an hour), which is not really a plus for me. My attention span is about 10-15 minutes these days, with 30 being about the max I'm willing to invest. Fortunately, there are a lot of falls and natural breaks. I watched it a little bit at a time and skipped through certain points. I'll admit, I liked seeing Callum submit, knockout and dominate Krush more, so those were the part I focused on.

I wonder if Krush likes Callum's beef as much as I do.

Callum's wrapped up tight.

There are a ton of hot moments throughout the video.

In the end, this is classic Krush. It's exactly the type of opponent he should face and match he should be in. Rough. Competitive. Intense. Arrogance. Ego-fueled conflict. Lots of falls. Callum is a worthy opponent, entertaining, energetic, skilled and cruel. All-in-all, a jolly good time!

What are other bloggers saying?


So that's my take. What's yours?

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment