Thursday, April 4, 2019

Review: Eddy Brock vs. Flex Steele (Cyberfights)

Big Sexy vs. Dominic is a classic Thunders Arena match. The two superstar studs fit the bromance-frenemy frat vibe so well. So when I was cruising Can-Am, looking for something - anything - to watch there, Eddy Brock vs. Flex Steele caught my eye. I didn’t realize they wrestled each other outside of Thunders, so I was immediately intrigued.

Studs by any other name are just as sweet.


Although I’ll always call him Dominic, Flex Steele is an appropriate name for the mountain of muscles. He’s at his biggest here, so big that he’s literally musclebound at times. Flex is also a cutie, a beautiful combination of a handsome baby face and a bodybuilder physique. Very superhero. He’s cocky and confident, but not the bad boy he sometimes played at Thunders.

The bad boy here is big and sexy Eddy Brock. He’s late and doesn’t care. He’s rude and arrogant. He’s got a pink faux-hawk. As one of my all-time faves, Eddy is a perfect example of the sum being greater than the parts. There’s just something about him as a man that makes him one of the sexiest guys I've ever watched wrestle. Speaking of whole packages, I did really enjoy how his stubby tents in his thin gray speedo.

Dominic Flex Steele looks huge!

Big Sexy Eddy gives us a great view.

Eddy is beautifully big and stunningly sexy.

Both these guys left Thunders before the ring matches started. I like that this match allows me to see what that might’ve been like. It’s 24-minutes of wrestling that is very back-and-forth with both guys winning and losing a “fall”. In that way, it’s very Thunders because the winner is basically the guy who’s left standing at the end, rather any kind of 2 out of 3 or anything.

The ring doesn’t play a huge role, but there is some nice corner work and the space allows these big men to actually wrestle bigger, unconstrained by walls, posts or cameramen. The camera work is more distant than wrestling in a garage or patio, but I like being able to see everything. For the most part, the camera is in the right location, showcasing the sexy speedo-clad musclemen really well.

These big boys are comfortable with each other.

Dominic Flex knows exactly where to put his leg.

And so does Big Sexy Eddy.

Action-wise, the guys use their big muscles to bend, squeeze and pound each other. There are a variety of bearhugs, backbreakers, stretches and painful positions. I originally pulled about 16 images and 5 GIFs, so there's a lot happening here. As I said, Flex’s upper body beef makes him look musclebound at times, but in general, I thought the wrestling was well done. If you like big boys in peril, you get plenty of that. Their bodies look fantastic and they sell the holds effectively.

Yeah, take that!

Big Sexy Eddy uses the extra room for extra BOOM!

Love these guys.

In the end, this was a good decision. It gives me something new from two hunks who I really like. The ring gives it a different feel, but the big musclemen make it feel comfortable and really entertaining. I’d be happy to see either of these guys make a return, but this was a surprising and delightful stand-in for something new. The names might be different, but the vibe was the same.

So that’s my take. What’s yours?

Alex

2 comments:

  1. I don’t often purchase from Cyberfights or Can-Am, but I remember this video being a “must buy” when I saw it on their website during one of their sales a few years ago. Thunder’s pretty much had the market cornered on the hottest-looking wrestlers and models back then, but my biggest complaint with Thunder’s has always been the “amateur” quality of their product: The shaky camera, the out-of-focus lens, the poor viewing angles, and the bad lighting. It was really refreshing seeing their three biggest stars at the time -- each at their physical peak – working with a different company who knew how to properly showcase their assets. Plus, as you mentioned in your review, Thunder’s didn’t have a ring at the time, which allowed us to see Big Sexy, Dominic, and Z-Man in an entirely different setting. I was quite happy with my purchase!

    My only regret is that Big Sexy and Dominic only did one or two videos outside Thunder’s (although Big Sexy has gone on to become an actual professional wrestler with Ring of Honor as James “The Goods” Woods). That’s why it makes me happy to see guys like Scrappy branching out with other companies.

    Great review, Alex. Thanks! :)

    -JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t always been a fan of so many guys playing the field so to speak, because I worried it meant 10 companies offering the same thing. But I do think it’s great when it allows them to really show us something new.

      Delete